• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will Strikemaster sharpen blades?

Steve Foss

Question

I've got a Strikemaster XL-3000 with the power point and 10-inch blades. Just trashed a set of blades on some grit in the ice, blush.gif and put on a spare set I sharpened myself because nobody has the sharpener to sharpen those Strikemaster blades to a factory angle.

Does anybody know if Strikemaster will sharpen them if I send them back to the factory? I've got three sets.

5 answers to this question

I called StrikeMaster awhile back they sent me a new set for my 10'' 'cause I couldn't find them anywhere. 48 hours I had them in the mail. They also exchange your used,dull blades just mail them in and you get a new set I was told. I think it was about 20 bucks ,exchange set is just blades ,no screws etc. Was very happy with their service.

Just got my e-mail reply from Strikemaster. They don't sharpen blades. They'll sell me a reconditioned set for my 10-inch XL-3000 for $19.99 plus shipping. I can find new ones in Duluth for $27.99, which is only a couple bucks more and there's no hassle.

But the good news is, I drilled 50 holes today with an older set of blades that I'd hand sharpened with a whetstone. They are sharp enough to shave hair off my arm. They cut as well as new blades, so I think I'll just keep touching up my three sets of spare blades and switch them out whenever one set dulls.

How dumb of me not to have one of those spare sets in my gear last night while out pouting. blush.gif Would have saved using the hand auger, puff puff.