• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua-Vu at night?

SpringerGuy

Question

I just used my new Aqua-Vu today. I saw a few fish during the day before I needed to turn on the multi-colored lights. After I turned them on, not another fish came in. Is that just that the fish stopped using this area, or are these lights scaring away the fish? I thought that these lights were not visible to the fish? I had glare coming off my jigs. Can the fish see this glare? Would my glow-in-the-dark jigs aways be charged?

Just wondering? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

PoleBender

6 answers to this question

Polebender,

The MC lights will charge your Glow baits. And as far as scaring the fish I've been using the MC lights for 3 or 4 years. And I haven't noticed that they scare the fish, usually it is just like having a really big glowing attractor for the fish.

I was on Mille Lacs once, I had a walleye on the screen close to dark that I couldn't make out. I turned on the lights to get a better look, All I saw was a puff of silt. I have noticed that the lights seem to scare fish away also, I never seem to get fish when they are on.

This is true, but if you have the lights on before the fish are there you will be fine. It's just like if you were sitting there staring at something it would be normal. But if all of a sudden it started glowing and looking odd it would spook you also.

Very good question, honestly I don't even know a good answer to that. Once it starts getting later just turn them on. It definitely doesn't work if you turn them on to view a fish that just popped in.