• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tackle box for musky lures

Take a look at Special Mate Tackle Box. I use it to keep all my Lake superior plugs organized and it works great plus they make one just for Muskie lures. The Muskie box will hold 45 lures and run about $45.00.

Here is a pic of the Muskie box.

1345NewMuskie.jpg

Right on, I built my own so that by the time I get back home my baits are nearly dry and it's been years since I've had a rusted hook, built it so it sits 1 1/2" off the floor so the air can get underneath and dry the baits especially bucktails. It also fits perfectly as an extention from the raised front deck, can be jumped on and will not break, built in 1997 it still has 50 years left in it.

go to menards, pick up some 3" downspout material. Cut them 12" and buy a plastic milk crate while your there for $.99.. it already has the handles, it sits flat and just insert your 12" pieces. DONE.. works like a charm.

I am in the same situation. I saw how nice the musky boxes are after seeing the one Esox had, but shied away from the price tag.( due to me being CHEAP, and on a limitted budget! grin )

After reading the tips here, i started my search for a duffle bag that would work and the plastic tubing/down spouts to make my own. It all came together this week! I'm sorry i don't have pictures yet, but i found a 26" bag where the zipper is almost on the edge of the top. The bags depth is 13.5". Although the guys recomended using a bigger size plastic down spout( 2"X4") all i could find around here was the 2.5"x2.5". It took three 10 footers cut into 13.25" pcs. This bag allowed three rows of seven, with two extra in the middle of one end, and four extra centered on side. These were glued together, then i cut notches on all four sides for the hooks. The bag has two big pockets on one side for stuff( plastics,jigs,tools, etc.). I cut a small wood dowl so it would fit across one tube to hang my leaders from.

It may be not as neet as a boughten one, but works well, holds quite a few lures, and i only have $60 in it. Thanks RK! grin

I am in the same situation. I saw how nice the musky boxes are after seeing the one Esox had, but shied away from the price tag.( due to me being CHEAP, and on a limitted budget! grin )

After reading the tips here, i started my search for a duffle bag that would work and the plastic tubing/down spouts to make my own. It all came together this week! I'm sorry i don't have pictures yet, but i found a 26" bag where the zipper is almost on the edge of the top. The bags depth is 13.5". Although the guys recomended using a bigger size plastic down spout( 2"X4") all i could find around here was the 2.5"x2.5". It took three 10 footers cut into 13.25" pcs. This bag allowed three rows of eight, with two extra in the middle of one end, and four extra centered on side. These were glued together, then i cut notches on all four sides for the hooks. The bag has two big pockets on one side for stuff( plastics,jigs,tools, etc.). I cut a small wood dowl so it would fit across one tube to hang my leaders from.

It may be not as neet as a boughten one, but works well, holds quite a few lures, and i only have $60 in it. Thanks RK! grin

Nicely done man...I'd like to see a picture of that, sounds perfect. I'm gonna make a "to go" box as well pretty soon. Fancy means nothing - making it yourself always will give you a sense of satisfaction every time you use it! The gutter downspout is genious.

I re-did my pedestal bait holder a couple weeks ago....made it just one row so my feet weren't hitting it. Then I made one for my front deck compartment - 30 slots, about 50 baits in it all right at my feet.

img1709un.jpg

This is where my cooler used to go...just have to find a new spot for that. grin

img1708sm.jpg

Cost for both - about $30.

Nice Del, I also did one like RK mentioned in my front livewell for my cowgirls, now I gotta do the baitwell to..........Plus I stll carry the big Monster Lakewoods and a Lakewoods spinnerbait box and several plano's in the other storage area...... I need a bigger boat.....

Esox,

It will be good to see pix for sure.

I noticed you mentioned "spinnerbait box" - you ever try the booklet/puch deals with the ziplocs on the rings in them. I bought one by Tackle Logic a few years ago for about $10. I have about 10-15 spinnerbaits in it and it takes up less space than a 3600 box. The only real drawback is ventilation. I found out that leaving the lures out for a bit to dry before sticking them back in was a godo idea or rust will be a problem.

Yea Hugo I do use the zip bags on a ring for my spinnerbaits, the spinnerbait box is used for spare baits... Heres what I have so far,livewell is now cowgirl storage, baitwell is my rotation baits,other stroage has 4-5 planos and spinnerbait bag and for whatever else I need and to keep tools handy the lakwoods monster, spinnerbait box hides behinde the drivers seat...

035.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

030.jpg

i buy $2 old milk crates from Menards, a 3" PVC raingutter that i cut up into 12" pieces, glue them together and stick them in the crate. $6 a tackle box. I have the expensive ones, but thats the only difference as they are just expensive. The crates work great.