• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tonneau Cover Help

Captain B.R.K

Question

Want to purchase a Truxedo tonnenau cover for my chevy pick up truck. Wondering if anyone out there has a silverado ext. cab chevy that has an otter medium.
MY QUESTION:

Can the fish house be put in the back of my truck with the tonnenau cover down?

Help!

5 answers to this question

I have an otter medium, but I have a Leer 700 Fiberglass tonnenau cover.

Are you asking about putting the sled in the position it would be towed? If so I don't think you will have any problem there.

I am thinking of getting one of these for my next truck...let me know what you think of it. Pros/Cons for sealing, portability, etc etc.

I have an Otter Resort and it won't fit under my vinyl toneau cover. I measured 18" from the bottom of the pick-up box to underneath the vinyl cover. A fiberglass cover may give you an additional 2-3" and the ability to lock it. I personally like the ability to roll up the toneau for larger loads.

I have a 01 silverado, x-cab short box with an access cover. My used ORIGINAL medium otter sled with cabin fits under the cover, but I have to unlatch the back and lift up slightly for the front to clear the back bar that goes across the bed. After the sled is in the back latches down without a problem The access cover is maybe about an inch higher than the bed rails. I'm not sure if the otter II sled is any bigger than the original.

[This message has been edited by MNice (edited 12-31-2002).]

[This message has been edited by MNice (edited 12-31-2002).]