• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar FL-22 HD - Consumer Reviews

OnIce

I guarentee you people catch more fish now on the ice then when our grandparents went out without flashers....sure they caught fish but how often did they get skunked or how many more fish could they have taken if they had a flasher.......I agree that the prices are getting a little high on these units but if the demand is there what is stopping them from raising the price??

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya exactly what i said.. using a flasher gives you an advantage over not using one obviously. BUT, people did still catch fish without using them, and still do.

does the fl 22 catch fish for you? cuz for $600, it better. the difference between a low end and a high end flasher isn't going to result in you catching a ton of more fish... i also think its ridiculous that vexilar still hasnt adapted to the adjustable zoom, yet they justify charging an arm and a leg for these units. there has been so much hype about the fl 22 ever since it was announced they were coming out with it... the difference between a 22 and 20 isnt going to catch you more fish... i bet you put 2 guys side by side, one with a 20 and one with a 22, neither is going to extremely outfish the other.. it is more about skill in jigging and presentation that catches you fish, not the flasher you are using

i bet you put 2 guys side by side, one with a 20 and one with a 22, neither is going to extremely outfish the other.. it is more about skill in jigging and presentation that catches you fish, not the flasher you are using

I agree, well said.

Any word on which frequency(ies) it might run at?

The frequency range will remain much the same. The big enhancement comes into play with the new FL-22's HD processing capabilities.

The FL22 HD has the ability to fine tune the pulse length, and that will enhance it's calibration throughout it's entire range. This will allow for the user to manipulate it precisely to his/her own particular needs at any depth.

A digital readout and interchangeable color palettes would have been a nice addition…

So 1/8” separation huh? I was under the assumption that target separation wasn’t really that important. whistle Now that the bar has been raised, I’m sure it will be the MOST important thing. laugh

exactly my thinking dtro... IMHO, the 22 lacks several key features to be considered top of the line. adjustable zoom, additional color patterns for strength of signal, and digital readout... vexilar is still a step behind humminbird IMHO

A digital readout and interchangeable color palettes would have been a nice addition…

So 1/8” separation huh? I was under the assumption that target separation wasn’t really that important. whistle Now that the bar has been raised, I’m sure it will be the MOST important thing. laugh

Hah! Keepin it real.

I can tell you one thing for 600+ I can get a lot of stuff that would help my fishing. That's a pretty big number. I got my powzer auger and flasher both for less than that.

I realize that there is a lot of tech that goes into it but at some point its too much. Even for a 1/8 in of seperation. Idk why you would even need that. The lines on the screen have to be so small you need a magnifying glass to see it.

Don't get me wrong I love my vex but it seems like its kind of absurd what they are asking now for less product.

I can't wait to see it. I have that other brand, but like them all and see the good points to all of them. Gives more competition and that makes all of us win. The price really doesn't even matter - if you don't want to buy it, nobody is forcing you too wink And if I want to, I will enjoy the features - just like anything.

The price really doesn't even matter - if you don't want to buy it, nobody is forcing you too wink

With all due respect, you may not care about the price but most people do. The price/value relationship is the biggest buying decision a person makes when comparing different items.

Originally Posted By: BoxMN
The price really doesn't even matter - if you don't want to buy it, nobody is forcing you too wink

With all due respect, you may not care about the price but most people do. The price/value relationship is the biggest buying decision a person makes when comparing different items.

I thought the biggest buying decision was how much power the unit had and if it has a variable zoom or not, or if it had modern electronics, or True Color or a flat face, or a bottom lock, or a floating transducer or very fine line or came with a neat little tackle box, or fit in a 5 gallon pail or had IR, or was made by a company whose name started with a "V" versus an "M" versus an "H", or if it had a digital depth display, or was made in the USA, or had good customer service, or was a Chevy or a Ford..............

Sorry I couldn't resist......

Originally Posted By: BoxMN

Exactly - There are plenty of products in many price ranges with many feature sets, one should fit folks needs with their ability to pay for a toy. Of course I want a top of line product at bottom of barrel price, but really... wink Not being a smart arse here, but do we really think we are going to get the latest and greatest for the same price as the old and lame? hehe, anyway, I am looking forward to seeing one in action, but have a (hopefully) long open water season to go first.

Don't get me wrong, I truly look forward to seeing it being a vexilar guy. However, if there is less bang for buck than the others (zoom, lcd disp, ect), idk how the price is justified...

Lip_Ripper Guy...you are right that the majority of folks will not fish deeper than 60fow. 99% may be a little high though. There are lots of laker fisherman out there that will not buy this unit because it does not read deeper than 60ft, including my-self. I dont really fish for anything else during the hard-water season.

Lip_Ripper Guy...you are right that the majority of folks will not fish deeper than 60fow. 99% may be a little high though. There are lots of laker fisherman out there that will not buy this unit because it does not read deeper than 60ft, including my-self. I dont really fish for anything else during the hard-water season.

+1

Im glad thay are makeing some changes, they cant keep up with the dogs while sleeping on the portch based on a name alone.

I fish 2-4 times a week all winter long for the past 25 years and have never been deeper than 55 ft except one trip to LOW/Crow...

The price does seem really high based on what your getting but to each thier own. Didnt want to bring other flasher brands into this but value for the dollar, crispness of display, and detail are what made me switch about 5-6 years ago. Havn't seen any reason to switch again...

The FL-22HD was tested, and retested, and pro staff-tested, and independent tested, and product researched, and tech tested some more, for about 4 to 5 years (+/-).

They were not going to run with it tell they had exactly what they wanted to achieve at the levels they set, and then they found even more ways to exceed them.

They were hard set on not releasing it before 100% satisfaction on quality and performance goals were achieved. Then they decided to roll with it's introduction into the FL line.

I understand fully well one size never fits all and we all may have functions we would personally wished to have seen added, but this unit will fit many, and do it extremely well.

I suspect it will be a huge hit once some guys get there hands on them and see it performance first hand...it's preaty amazing stuff.