Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

How to create an @mention - Click Here   07/16/2015

You can use the @mention aspect whenever you want someone to be notified about a post or let them know you are talking about them. Type the @ symbol type in a couple "lowercase" letters pause then once the names pop-up either select or keep typing in letters to narrow down the list until you get the @mention name you are looking for. You can play a game so members can see how it works. If you want to practice or If your name has been @mentioned below you should see it in your notifications (upper right) and you then have to @mention one or two members who haven't been mentioned inthe comments section below. Let's see how long we can keep this going. Anyone who duplicates a name that has already been @mentioned loses. This is the first group to be @mentioned to get the ball rolling: @Borch @Scott K @Corey Bechtold @Matt Johnson @mrklean @eyeguy 54 @Finns @IceHawk @MarkB @Cliff Wagenbach @Wayne Ek
Sign in to follow this  

FL-18 Gain in AZ

I have another gain question for you fl-18 users. I noticed while watching the video(still have not been able to get out with new unit) that obvoiusly when you go into auto zoom the the lure gets much larger on the screen. Do any of you adjust the gain while in AZ to minimize how large the lure is and maximize seeing the fish in the bottem and your lure in relation to them.
Sorry but I'm always thinking, a curse I guess.

just keep the gain as small as possible at all times. even if you have high gain u can still see what is going on though. just go out and find your own style, there is no right or wrong way.

I usually have my gain turned all the way down but when you switch to AZ you can usually turn it all the way down, if it is not already. It will zoom and your lure will appear larger, but so will the fish. Scott Steil