• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Augers

Norco

Question

6 answers to this question

I'm with Bass-o-Matic, Jiffy 8" is the best. I fish quite a bit, and it is one fine auger. My dad has one that has to be 20 years old, and it cuts like new. Runs great no matter what the weather. I really think their blade design is better because it will cut when the blade is dull, just slower.

kslipsinker you are correct! Last year I made the mistake of not bringing my 3hp Jiffy that has never gotten a dull blade after 5 years of hard use to Upper Red Lake.
My friends convinced me that the new Strikemaster with the three blades is all the auger we needed. So when we get to URL and start to drill holes with this super auger, well about 45 minutes later we had three hole drilled! I quess my friend did not take care of the blades or ran into some gravel in the ice prior to our trip.
Just to let you know that those super blades can get super dull super quick, and are impossible to sharpen on the ice. Whereas the Jiffy blades are just a few strokes with a file and you are back in buisiness drilling holes!
I have run into gravel many times on the ice that has dropped from the under carrige of cars and trucks as they travel accross the ice and are hidden by snow and ice just waiting to dull your blades in a second!
Thats why I prefer a Jiffy auger!