• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Opener 2010: Where and why?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a bunch of us that have gone to Red Lake every year since the season reopened ..... this will be the 5th year if my memory is correct. My cabin is about an hour away from there so it works out well, we stay at my cabin and trailer to the lake each day. Fishing has been outstanding!

Where: A wedding

Why: My cousin decided she had to get married on FISHING OPENER frown

(Is fishing a legitimate excuse to miss a wedding?)

I should be heading to Winnie the following weekend.

I tel everyone that if they are dumb enough to get married on fishing opener dont expect me there. I dont understand why anyone would get married on fishing or deer opener. crazy

Those are probably the 2 dumbest weekends to get married on in Minnesota! Why don't you do what they did in "grumpy old men 2" and don the suit and tie and jump in the boat for a few hours of early morning fishing before the wedding starts? If there is a will there is a way my friend wink

Those are probably the 2 dumbest weekends to get married on in Minnesota! Why don't you do what they did in "grumpy old men 2" and don the suit and tie and jump in the boat for a few hours of early morning fishing before the wedding starts? If there is a will there is a way my friend wink

- was an usher at a wedding this summer wasnt wearing the shirt and tie but fished a new lake next to the wedding town (it was a few hours from home) cuaght a few and still made it thier in time for the wedding hell of a deal.

Lake Vermilion!! No crowds, Great fishing...Our group has been opening on Vermilion for 20 plus years! Most of thev guys don't hunt. This is our "Deer Camp".Last years prize, caught 5 am by our 13 year old..29 3/4" walleye

Hey Perchjerker, where is your cabin?? Maybe we can bump into each other on opener...!

The closest town is Talmoon but most people have probably never heard of Talmoon. Bowstring lake is probably the bigggest and most well-known landmark around us, we're not too far from there ......

For a cousin? Absolutely! A brother or sister probably not, but a cousin?

Originally Posted By: New2TheFly

For a cousin? Absolutely! A brother or sister probably not, but a cousin?

Remember in Grumpier Old Men he shows up late for his OWN wedding because he had to go fishing...