• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best minnow bucket

slick2526

Question

8 answers to this question

Easy.
Frabil makes a minnow bucket that has a place to clip a battery operated ariator on it and a hole in the top for the hose to go in to the bucket without hindering the operation of the click-shut lid. You can buy the bucket alone, or a bucket with the pump on it. I think it is a fairly decent price from what I remember. They make a larger one, like the sit and fish pail with a bigger pump on it, but I like using that pail for my vexilar, so the smaller style bucket is more to my liking for minnows.
Its a white bucket with a yellow vented lid. It is insulated and easy to use.
Hope that helps.

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!

I have that expensive frabill bait station. I modified it this year with some spay in foam insulation to keep the liner from moving around. I run the aerator every other day or so. I keep the bucket in the garage and it will keep 2 dozen shiners alive for about 2 weeks if you change the water a couple times. They are about $60 but I am sure it has paid for itself over the last two years. They are a little spendy but work. Scott Steil

I use a little cooler. It keeps the water from freezing and it does'nt break. When the water does freeze just pound on the bottom to get the block out. I drilled a small hole in the lid to put an areator tube in it. Make sure it is not one than can freeze easily or you wont be able to get your minnies out after a 5 mile sled ride.