• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Flood - Volunteers & Help Please...

Similar to 2009, the Red River Basin is going to need help to protect the Fargo / Moorhead and Surrounding Areas.

If you would like to help the effort:

To volunteer for Fargo or Moorhead sandbagging operations, call FirstLink at (701) 476-4000.

Here's a link to current river levels (click on the round circle near the area of interest):

NOAA River Levels

Here are some websites with more area specific information:

City of Fargo

City of Moorhead

marine_man

[Added 3/17/10]

Fargo is in need of Volunteers in the upcoming days this week! If you can help at all, call Firstlink:

To volunteer for Fargo or Moorhead sandbagging operations, call FirstLink at (701) 476-4000.

Help will also be taken in Lisbon tomorrow through Saturday to fill Sandbags. Call 701-683-4632 for directions.

The National Weather Service has updated the Flood Forecast for the Red River Near Fargo... a projected crest of 38 feet (2.8 feet lower than last year) next Saturday.

With NDSU and MSU on spring break this week, the area is going to need all the help they can get. If you're interested, contact First Link at the number provided above.

marine_man

Not sure yet.. we'll see what they have to say at the 11:00 flood prediction update.

So far so good.. the river's rising, but so far projected to crest at 16 and back off a bit.. we'll see what happens after that.

The city has decided to use Clay and Hesco barriers exclusively, which is good news in my opinion from a stability and a manpower standpoint... last year Bobcat was shut down over most of the flood, so there were lots of people to help. That's not the case this year.

marine_man

I'm still in shock that this is happening again this year. Its like a never ending bad dream, except this year all the colleges are on spring break. maybe we'll get lucky and their prediction of 38 feet is on the high side.

maybe we'll get lucky and their prediction of 38 feet is on the high side.

Boy, I sure hope so. I have to believe the terrible undershot in '97 in GF will keep them from undershooting. So... I hope they're estimating high. We'll know more in a week.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Fargo is in need of Volunteers in the upcoming days this week! If you can help at all, call Firstlink:

Help will also be taken in Lisbon tomorrow through Saturday to fill Sandbags. Call 701-683-4632 for directions.

Thanks!

marine_man