• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auqa View service/repair update.

NINETOE

Question

I originally started out with the jr. model and had several problems with it. I exchanged the unit with the vendor ( Joe's sporting goods) in St. Paul. Joe's upgraded me to the new model with I.R. Again I had problems with the unit. Thier customer service was great but it got to the point that I was on the 4th unit. So I contacted auqa view through thier web page e mail. I received a call from a customer service rep minutes later. I sent the unit in and received it back repaired a week later. They said they had to replace the camera and it would cost me $55.00 and the shipping to them $8.00. I guess Im not happy with having to pay more money , but who is! I will from now on use this camera sparringly and handle it with kit gloves. I will certainly say that thier customer service is far better than average and the repair is done promptly. Over all I would say they have all of the qualities a good company should have!

------------------
"sure are cocky for a starvin pilgrim"

6 answers to this question

It is a good unit and I enjoy watching fish ,but there are more durable brands out there for a little more money. I wish I had opted for one of those brands.

------------------

jpz, I have not used the ovs and do not like to comment on things I have not tried, but just from seeing it I think it to be more durable( and more money). 0.02

------------------

I will admit that OVS has a good ice system. That's what they specialize in. But honestly I really only use Aqua-Vu's have played with an OVS it seemed fine. Honestly they are both good systems, I just use Aqua-Vu for personal reasons.