Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe

Lake Michigan-Algoma-Bailey's Harbor-Green Bay Fishing Reports

8 posts in this topic

Post your Lake Michigan Fishing reports here!

The Menominee River continues to produce some nice browns and rainbows fishing from the Hattie Street walk way as well as fishing the ice below the dam. The walleye bite on the Menominee remains good at both the dam and 6th Street Slip, jigging spoons, rattlin raps, and moonshines tipped with minnows work well. The best bite seems to be early morning and evening

Just got back from Door County, fished the Cana Island area north of Bailey's Harbor. We had steady action for the hour either side of sunrise but very slow after that. Monday and Tuesday were both five fish days. Thursday we kept eight with two throw backs. Due to wind we fished Ellison bay Wednesday and boated two before the storm sent us back in. The active depth for us was 45 to 60 feet on either Moonshine "Eminators" or Warrior "HG Yellow tail" spoons run off riggers or braid dipsy's. The largest went 15.9# all fish were kings.

Winds were against us this year, had to fish the bay two days (6-20/21) and no fishing one day (6-22). The last day we fished out of Baileys Harbor for the first time - thick fog until we got up by the Cana light. One 11# king on a dipsey/spoon 60' down. Lost two fish that threw the hook - both on white/blue/silver VK flasher & blue tint fly. After lunch boated another 11# king outside Baileys on the same rig, several drive bys on spoons. The other boat caught no fish but did a lot of puking.

Fished for days out of Bailey's and Gills rock this weekend. 1 fish out of gills, 4 out of Bailey's including a 22lb and 18pounder. Mostly sloooowwww fishing.

All the fish at Baileys (4 for 7) came out of 84-100 fow down 30-70 ft on green or white flashers with aqua flies.

The only people we talked to that were crushing em were going out to 300' fow or more, mostly charters.

The fish are for surely big as we talked to a few guys with 24 and 26 pounders.

If I was taking my own boat out soon and I was reading this I would for surely plan on heading out deeeep to try and get some fish.

Bite has been good from 200-400' out of Algoma but there are some nice fish in the midrange depths and in the skinny water if you can find the temperature breaks.

Tunrevir~

Our trip this year included two days of sight seeing as the wind was bad...Wed the 28th had gusts to gale force (per NOAA) added to motor problems on Monday and we got in two days of fishing, half a day at a time.   The water temp went from 55-58 down to 42 to 45, which isn't bad except the fish were not biting to start with.   We fished Rowleys Bay, Gills Rock and Cana Light.   The first two areas were just loaded with bait, there were balls of alewife all over the screen with fish of all sizes mixed in but too full to bite.   By the end of Tuesdays fishing we were not even bothering to mention bait unless it was really a huge ball.   The three we did catch were full of bait, with just enough room for one snack too many.    Two were 3#ers and one went 21#, they all hit something different, one went for a aqua/blue-ish fly, one a black/white warrior regular size spoon and the big one went for a magnum plain blue glow spoon (brand unknown - it just catches fish)   40 to 55' down.   One boat we talked to had 4 for 6 on Tuesday south of Bailey's Harbor.