• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats your resume look like? Worked for any resorts before? are you looking for an off shore fishing boat, or a resort type fishing? Fly fished? How about jet boats, tying up planes, things like that. Be ready if you get a job with a resort to do other things besides fishing, such as cabin maintenance, boat maintenance, cleaning, cleaning, oh and more cleaning. Its a very fun and rewarding experience. Oh and you will likely need your 6 pack us coast guard license to guide fishermen via boat.

Like ac777 said it may be hard to just find a fishing job. I found that applying to resorts is your best option. A few buddies and I decided to work in AK for this upcoming summer and we applied to everywhere. We found that it was the resorts that always contacted us back.

I was lucky enough to get a job at a resort where as stated above I will be doing maintenance and a whole lot of cleaning smirk. They also said if I liked to fish (which i obviously do) I would be able to become a deckhand for the fishing captains on the resort!! which will be amazing because then I will know where to fish when I go out on my off time! Also they were hoping to make me a kayak tour guide! I will only be working for 4 days a week and maybe a night or two but other than that I will be fishing.

Basically I would say apply anywhere and everywhere you can and take whatever you can get. You'll have plenty of time to fish, camp, hike and whatever else you want to do in your off time as long as having a blast working in AK!! Good luck with your search let me know us know if it works out!

No i have never worked for a fishing resort before. I know what hard work is and i love to fish. I have always wanted to go to ak and i think this would be a great gateway. All the resorts i have looked into seem to only hire people that are willing to be there through September. I can't due to school starting middle of August. Meyers do you know of any other resorts hiring? are you a college student? Like I said before any help is greatly appreciated. i would prefer a resort i enjoy customers and interacting with people over a commercial boat, but as of now i think i will take what i can get. Thanks again guys

No i have never worked for a fishing resort before. I know what hard work is and i love to fish. I have always wanted to go to ak and i think this would be a great gateway. All the resorts i have looked into seem to only hire people that are willing to be there through September. I can't due to school starting middle of August. Meyers do you know of any other resorts hiring? are you a college student? Like I said before any help is greatly appreciated. i would prefer a resort i enjoy customers and interacting with people over a commercial boat, but as of now i think i will take what i can get. Thanks again guys

You will make more money than you ever have working on a commercial boat, but you will probably enjoy working at a resort much more, its not all about the money.