• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garmin Colorado 400t

bak2MN

Question

Anyone have one? Do you like it I picked up one at Reeds for a unbelievable price!! I have not picked up the chip as I am waiting for the new one so I will not be able to use it till late late season or in the boat, BUMMER. Any likes or dislikes?

Thanks.

12 answers to this question

I was talked out of the touch screen by the salesman that had one. he said if the 400t would have been out when he bought his touch screen he wouldnt have gotten the touch. Due to the oils from your hands eventually wrecking the sreen. Dont have a chip yet so cant really play with it much yet. Waiting for the new update has more details on some of our local lakes supposedly.

I was talked out of the touch screen by the salesman that had one. he said if the 400t would have been out when he bought his touch screen he wouldnt have gotten the touch. Due to the oils from your hands eventually wrecking the sreen. Dont have a chip yet so cant really play with it much yet. Waiting for the new update has more details on some of our local lakes supposedly.

That is why you buy a screen protector and put that on. But still, think of all the touchscreen stuff out there; phones, iPod touch, ... Personally, I don't think that salesman knew what he was talking about.

""Personally, I don't think that salesman knew what he was talking about.""

I dont know about that he seemed to know what he was talking about. I only paid $279 for it. It is a unadvertised special.

I thought the for the features and for what I am going to use it for it was better deal than the h2o.

AND THE WIFE SAID TO JUST GET IT!!!!!!! So I did.

I have the Colorado 400i. Love it! Picks up satellites way faster then those Lowrance units. (I had the Expedition C) I love the scroller. Makes it easy to zoom in and out. I have the MN Chip too. Make sure you order the Micro SD card for the unit and not the Data Card. Took me forever to figure out which on to get. The Micro SD card is really a regular size SD card. Only thing I don't like is the POI feature. It only shows POI of camp grounds, lakes, river, ect. No gas stations or restaurants. Maybe it's because I have the marine version. But other then that I love the GPS!

I too picked up the Colorado 400t for 279.00.Sweet deal!Thought I could use my gander gift cards and pick up the MN lakemaster chip but they dont carry it!

Anyone know where I can pick up the latest lakemaster Garmin card?

The thing that sold me was how quickly you could scroll in and out on the structure,so sick of waiting for the H2O to load! not to mention the awesome battery life of 24 hrs at 3/4 brightness.