• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spearfest 2010

Gordie

This was a really great event to attend and it was great meeting Browning Gold and deerhunter,its alway great to meet HSO family and Laska was there as well.

These guys sure to know how to throw a spearing party WOW The food was great and they are really nice guys A bit crazy too Kinda like some I know whistle anyway There were a 107 registerd spear people and I say peolpe because laska wife was the first woman to ever spear the spear fest and she got a nice round of appluase from everyone. Out of the 107 only 7 pike were weighed in and YES I the nord lord put onee one the board and I ended up taking 4th place and brought home 150 bucks for it (sweet!!!) the pike I got came into my Little red and pearl with chartuse reflective tape thats was made by none other than our own Laska that decoy sure has been lucky just the last two times I have used it Ive seen 23 pike. Thanks John & Heidi you two are great to have as friends.

Laska(John) set up a table and sold some decoys and he also donated one and gave a couple of gift discount coupons in the drawings they had.

Speaking of drawing they (spearfest) I think had some ting for everyone there. lots of donated stuff.

It was a great day and the weather cooperated nicely.

The first lake we went to was a bit mucky and so we wentback to Spring Lake to finish out the day of spearing there.

I would like to thank Joel for putting this on and its getting bigger every year and if you can attend next year I would do so, I know I will be makeing this a yearly event no matter what.

I'll have to try to swing myself down there next year, this year I had to coach girls hockey in the cities so I was tied up, but I can't wait to swing down from Duluth and spear with some of you experienced spearmen! Hopefully gain a bit of knowledge!

Alright I just found out that the guy that started spearfest is my dads 1st cousin and some of those crazy people there I was related to. I should of guessed it.

man I now will have to make it every year from here on out cause its family.

WOW what a small world