• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attwood centric boat seat

catch22

I would really appreciate any feedback on this item. I've seen them online, but never had a chance to sit in one. I'm interested in someone who's water tested one of these for the day that suffers from lower back pain as I do. These attwood centric boat seats run about $265 each, they have a suspension system. Pricey, but if you have lower back pain like me, it would be worth the coin if they do help. FWIW - I have lost 25 pounds & work out 6 days a week trying to make my back better. I normally spend 6-8 hours on the water each time out minimum.

anyone ever tried one of these boat seats on the water?

thanks in advance

They are great seats. For me they are comfortable.

Make sure you sit on one before you buy it though because the position it puts you in is a bit different from some seats and in some cases may aggravate your back more depending on your lower back issues.

I had back surgery 16 years ago and sitting all day bothers my lower back. (L3 L4) I didnt have any issues with this seat but depending on where your back problem is these may or may not be the answer to your problem.

If you cant sit in one in a boat at least do so at a shop. If you cant do that make sure you can return it if you dont like it.

I have been thinking about getting one for my Lund I liked it so much.

When the seats in my Lund wore out I replaced all 3 with the Centrics and still use the original air ride pedestals. I think they are great and about a 1000% better then the stock Lund seats. In your case I am not sure if there is a magical cure but these would definitely help as long as you use a air ride pedestal. Too bad about the price increase because I was able to get all 3 for under $600 but that was a couple of years ago.

We have two of them in our 18' alum boat. Night and day difference for the better, especially with the air ride. Our console seat is not air ride, and it still is much much better. Ideally you would couple this with the Mainstay Shortie (HD) and it would be the ideal seating solution for the console.

As somebody above pointed out, you sit in them a bit different, with your back more erect than our old seats, which you darn near layed down in, ha! So not as good for "laying back lounging" type sitting. But for driving and actively fishing, I think these are great. They have anew version out now, the Centric SAS II or something, and it seems like they might have a bit more room on the seat than the SAS I.

Either way, the springs in the seat of this seat work great. BTW, we are fat guys too, ha!

How would these seats compare to the smooth moves suspension seats? I have been in a few boats with the smooth moves and rough water is no problem at all.

I would say the smooth moves do abetter job of cusioning but these centrics are comfy for being just a stationary seat. Put one on a air ride pedestal and it would be real nice.