• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hauling Fish House

Ruegs23

Question

I probably won't know the answer to this until I try it for myself but I'm just wondering what you guys think. We built an 8x10 fish house on wheels and want to road trip with it up to red lake. The frame was welded together by the blacksmith place in alexandria. He said go as fast as you want with the frame. We drove 75 all the way home on the freeway. Now with the house built on the frame, how fast can I expect to travel. We used aluminum studs and tin siding. The roof is tin also. The house is bolted down to the frame very well. Does anyone have a similar setup that they travel around with? What speed is normal and is distance a factor? I'm really clueless about this subject. Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I don't own a house with retractable wheels. I have seen many houses with the wheels on the outside being bowed out due to excessive weight and traveling. I wouldn't think it would be very inteligent to just take it road tripping all over the state every weekend. Am I right?

Don't worry about that Bigguns. My buddy plans on keeping it up on Red for the winter. I don't plan on pulling this thing around too much. I am just wondering if anybody has gone this far and what speed they held. We did keep the house weight under the weight the welder told us too, so the wheels should be alright. I will have to measure the total width. I know the actual width of the house is about 7'8 thats 92" so depending on the wheels it will be pretty **** close. Actually probably a little over. Thanks for the info fishtrap and bigguns. It's appreciated.

Hey where did you get the alum. studs from? I am in the planning stages to build one for next year.I found a place that builds trailers with tires on the inside of the frame allowing to go to a full eight feet. 8x10 frame 15 1500.00- kind of spendy. What did you pay for yours. How much does your house way????? Thanks