• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake has some good perch in and as well as smallies and walleyes. This past summer I know of guys who did very well on eyes off the deep gravel bar off the east shore that comes up to 10-15 ft on top. If you get a map you'll see where I am talking about.

Can't help you much Honkerhunter, it's been a pretty slow ice season for me. I know I'm going to start trying some deeper water off some of the humps. It's getting late in the year and the oxygen levels should be getting low in the shallower water.

Maybe try a jigging spoon type lure (Swedish pimple, Northland Buckshot) and pound the bottom to get their attention. That stirs up the mud and mimics the different bugs that burrow in for the winter. Then have a minnow on a tip-up or a dead stick with a minnow next to it. Also downsizing helps this time of year. Smaller minnows and smaller jigs.

Haven't been on Round yet this year, but I can say that I've seen a few guys running atvs on Grindstone. Hopefully someone can chime in with an ice report for Round. If I manage to get over there, I'll bring you back a report of what I find.

Well, I'm heading up to Hayward on Friday and going to fish Round on Saturday. This will be my first time ever on the lake and not sure what to expect but looking forward to trying to figure it out.

Would appreciate it if anyone could provide any advice? Is anyone else fishing?

Thanks!

tuff lake to fish in winter. but if you find the walleyes you will find a bunch. some guys i know have been fishing out there. some nights they get a bunch, some nights none. cold front will not help. fishing structure or weeds anywhere from 15 to 35 fow. lots of bars, points, mid lake humps and bays that can be good. if you got a general area in mind, might be able to help.

Well, had a great time fishing round for the first time. Got out Friday evening from 4-7, set up in 18 fow and caught 3 and lost one (16", 14" & 11"). Caught them on a shiner dead-stick and a chub head on a swimming jig. All action was between 430-6.

Went out the next day from 9-3 to a different spot and set up in 29 fow. Marked a few but never even got a bite. The weather was quite wicked with high winds, temps hovering around -6 and windchill around -30.

Being alone, I made the decision that I would not be moving as getting set up in the wind once was enough for me. I did throw a tip up near me in 32 fow but had nothing on that either and the tip up drifted over in about 20 mins anyways lol.

Biggest surprise was when I happened to glance down the hole at one point and realized I could see the bottom in 29'! Really a beautiful lake with hardly any fishing pressure (I saw one other fisherman each day).

Wish the weather had been more cooperative to be mobile on Saturday but still had a blast. At least now I know why this forum is so DEAD. Not many people fishing!