• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carhartt Extremes Clothing

Swill

Question

Do any of you fishmasters have the Carhartt Extreme bibs or jacket? I am looking to buy some ice fishing bibs and I want a pair that if I knee down by my tip up to land a big pike I wont' soak my knees or gloves in slush. If anyone could suggest another brand that would also be cool. Thanks-Swill

9 answers to this question

I would suggest a good high qaulity pair of duck hunting bibs. Thats what I wear, the warm, comforatble, and water proof. OR if you want look into Cabelas Guide Wear. Ask around on here. theres lot of happy customers that use that. I myself have never. I wear a pair insulated duck hunting pants and a black Carhartt coat. Does the trick for me.

The hubby and I both got the Carhartt Extreme bibs with the jackets. I would HIGHLY recommend them. Me, one that gets cold easily hated to stand out on the ice because I got cold so fast. Once I got my new Carhartt's, what a world of difference. They are very wind proof so you will stay warmer longer. They are somewhat waterproof but I think eventually if you keep them in slush long enough you might get a wet knee. My bibs are strictly for ice fishing so I am not to concerned about fish slime on them. Last winter I caught a huge pike through the ice and it managed to shake the hook and as soon as I saw that I knew he was headed for the hole. Sure enough, flip flop, and half way down the hole it went, so I dropped to the ice and pinned it so it couldn't get away. It was so slimy I had to wait for the hubby to come running back over to me (he was off mingling with the other fishermen) you talk about slime...ick. I just took a damp cloth and wiped it down when I got home. If it gets too bad you can wash them but be prepared to lose some color. So.... to make my very long story short, yes, I would get them. I love mine and wouldn't be with out them.

------------

FLAG! shocked.gif

Fishn'Lady

[This message has been edited by Fishn'Lady (edited 12-11-2002).]

Highly reccomend the Carthart Extreme for
ice fishing. Only the extrem's, the other's
soak up water and wind blows through. One
thing that I experience is around the collar
on cold windly days there's not much protection. So on those day's I use neck
gaitor (neck sock). Carthart very durable,
long lasting wash after wash. Can't go wrong,
just beware of sun flower heaters.
Good luck happy fishing

If your main concern is staying dry while kneeling, I'd get the guide wear or something similar. If it ain't waterproof, it ain't. Gore tex is and the Carhartt's not. A good half measure is a pair of waterproof gaiters. I've got them from Cabela's. They go up to my knees (yeah, I have short legs), and keep off the water when I'm drilling holes and squatting by the hole to pull up a tip-up.