• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IFPA Tournaments coming soon!

I let my rod do talking... LOL You won't throw me off of my game, I learned to fish with some of the nastiest pirates in the N.E. that could make a man just curl up in ball by giving him the stink eye.... LOL (Right Jay)

We are staying at edgewater also, this is going to be a good time.

The GayBay stinkeye is awesome! I was even a tad frightned the first time I saw it. I thought maybe I had walked over an ancient burrial ground or something?

The only way to combat it is to not make eye contact or give it right back. I prefer to give it back while drilling a hole or catching a fish... cool

Decent day prefishing yesterday found some nice fish wink Went to dinner w/ Kyle and Lee got back to my rm to find the lid on my big bait puck was loose,needless to say it takes a while too pick up a few hundred spikes frown and when the hotel is 90 deg man those things move fast!!!!!!Headin back out in 30min for rnd 2

Keep eliminating those unproductive area boys.. wink Kyle checked in with me last night. As usual the cell reception is lousy.. 12" of ice and walking isn't too bad. One more day then the tournament good luck guys.. Lee you are doing the right thing by keeping Kyle away from all the local watering holes. winklaugh

Good job today men. Today's event was great for all. Dinner with Chris, Kyle and Lee was a blast. All the running around for two days paid off for all of us. I think Chris may be on to a new technique. His letting the spikes out to exercise, paid off.

By most measures, it was an excellent event. After several day of howling winds and sloppy ice conditions, the weather Gods gave us a break and tournament day was as beautiful as anyone could ask for. And fish that had been tightliped during the days leading up to the tournament decided to cooperate, at least for those that figured them out.

And of course, the fact that most of us were staying at the EgdeWater Resort, so named because it is literally at the waters edge, only made the whole experience better.

A big congrats to the team of Dave Harrison & Fred Janiec who weighed in a limit of perch that totaled a whopping 10.24lbs and locked in their first win of the season, at the last tournament of the season.

Second place honors went to the team that loves to finish in that position, or so it seems, since this was their third second place of the season. Chad Beale & Jeremy Brittenbaugh came to the scales with 9.91 lbs which included the Big Fish of the tournament, a 1.02lb perch.

Local favorite Ron Beayon put together a limit that came in at 9.61lbs, good enough for the third spot.

Mike Kuna & Bob Giffith weighed in 7.93lbs, but when that weight was added to their other top three weights (which included two first place finishes) it was good enough to earn them the Angler Of the Year (AOY) award, good job guys. Interesting to note that they only beat AOY runner ups (Chad & Jermey) by .36 points, or a little over three tenths of a pound.

Kevin Riley & Darrell Horton finished in fourth place.

Nathan Krusko & Christopher Jones came in fifth.

Ron Wagner & Chris Neal came in 6th.

Mike Kuna & Bob Griffith came in 7th.

And 8th place was taken by Lee Mnich and Kyle Holbritter, who spent the day fishing within 200 yards of the weigh in, thanks for entertaining me.

Byron,

I had a blast and I felt bad looking over at shore and see you pacing back and forth not fishing. If you ever want to fish a tourney don't hesitate to call and I would be more then happy to come and take over some of the duties.

This was only my third tourney and I'm hooked, it's so cool to be able to go someplace and try to figure out the fish and the other fishermen.

Lee You could not of said it better. I had such a great time. This Bomo event was so much fun with the running around learning the lake and taking the time to enjoy the beauty. Byron put together a great series and it will just grow from here.

I managed to catch a nice Salmon and Chris even caught a smallmouth.

Rumor has it Chris may have used a vex for a short time?? LOL