• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ROCK&REEL

Gissert

Question

I know a good idea when I see one. WallEYES and T-Bone have a good one here. I quess I had to see it to believe it, but it is a GREAT idea. I know a lot of guys with portabe fishhouses that continue to look for a "good" rod holder for their deadstick rod. This is it! I was so excited about the idea, I put mine on my portable last night before I hit the ice.

For those of you who don't know what it is yet. It is a fold down (or up) rod holder that actually mounts to your fishhouse. It is made for ice rods with a reel. It actually balances the rod and allows you to detect the smallest bite without a bobber. It is PERFECT for your deadstick rod. Even my wife thought it was a great idea!!

I should add they have a stand alone unit also. That doesn't have to be mounted to anything. And they are VERY well built.

I hope they will be available thought the site because I would like to order 3 more. GREAT idea guys and nice meeting you!! Scott Steil

22 answers to this question

Sorry to here they sold out. Any idea when they will be available? I am serious about wanting 3 more.

Anyone who bought one at the show, care to part with it? I would really like 1 more for now. Scott Steil

All I can say is thanks to Rick and his staff for the support over the last weekend at the Ice Show. I really didn't know what to expect but am glad it turned out the way it did. We believed in the concept all along and now the cat is really out of the bag. I just hope all have improved luck fishing like we did during all of the field testing over the past few winters.....I'm a little concerned that too many people saw it last weekend (if you know what I mean). Rick....We'll work something out soon........T

TBone.....
Glad things worked out for you, saw a couple Rock-n-Reel wanna be's at the show, but they don't compare to the original. The quality of the materials and construction is top notch in the Rock-n-Reel's. I love my custom painted ancient wooden RnR's, but it looks like I'm going to have to get a couple of the shanty mounted ones. They look like they would work slick. O.K., maybe a new stand alone Rock-n-Reel also. smile.gif

All...
Do I sound like a guy pumping up a product for a friend? Well, maybe I am, but I've also been using some Rock-n-Reels for the last two winters, so I have some experience with them. Hands down, one of the best tools for deadsticking walleyes and crappies. In fact I havn't even used a bobber in close to two years now.

[This message has been edited by Duffman (edited 12-09-2002).]

I brought my Rock-n-Reel to work today to show some co-workers that missed the show.They fish Red Lake Crappies alot and said the concept of Crappies feeding up and detecting them with the RNR was great. They wanted one right away. I myself want a few more. I saw WAllEYES and T-BONE put on a demo for Scott,Rick and myself. I wanted to try one out right away. They were running out of them at the show and then Rick came through and got me one. Thanks Rick,T-Bone and WallEYES. Cant wait to try it out.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

These things are going to ROCK. This product is very well constructed and is built by a fisherman for sure. I was impressed with everything about this item and how it worked. It did not at all suprise me that they ran out at the show. I will be needing 3 more myself.

I got the folding tub mount version and had to mount it on my tub tonight.(thats the sled for my shack not the bath tub) Now I just need to find time to get it out on the lake to use it.

Fishing is on!!
Jeff
Scenic Tackle

J.B.
It was a pleasure to meet you as well as other f.m. people! Tom and the gang that have used these,guarantee that these units fit the name....They Rock! A special thanks from T-BONE and myself goes out to an individual(MAKI) out in CNY who came up with super ideas in finalizing the final product on his own time. There are still bucket and trap/sled.... mounts available. The portable unit should be available soon. I am not going to say any more on this subject, yous guys will soon find out on your own what a great product this is going to be.

T-BONE
Got my hands on a great video camera to shoot some video up on LOW and URL on your product.

I know a good idea when I see one. WallEYES and T-Bone have a good one here. I quess I had to see it to believe it, but it is a GREAT idea. I know a lot of guys with portabe fishhouses that continue to look for a "good" rod holder for their deadstick rod. This is it! I was so excited about the idea, I put mine on my portable last night before I hit the ice.

For those of you who don't know what it is yet. It is a fold down (or up) rod holder that actually mounts to your fishhouse. It is made for ice rods with a reel. It actually balances the rod and allows you to detect the smallest bite without a bobber. It is PERFECT for your deadstick rod. Even my wife thought it was a great idea!!

I should add they have a stand alone unit also. That doesn't have to be mounted to anything. And they are VERY well built.

I hope they will be available thought the site because I would like to order 3 more. GREAT idea guys and nice meeting you!! Scott Steil

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I would like to Thank TBone and wallEYES for introducing us to another ice fishing innovation that will revolutionize the way we all ice fish. The idea is so simple yet so effective.

I'm so impressed with them I bought a couple of Rock-n-Reels and gave one to ScottS and D-man so they could test them out for us. As you can see ScottS already tested his.

I'll tell you, the In-Fish guys and many distributors are hot after this after only seeing it.

It's called the Rock-n-Reel.

It's not available yet, they sold out the limited production run already. Remember, if it's not called the Rock-n-Reel and it holds a rod, hold off getting any rod holder for your shack, portable, or for outdoor use until you can get the Rock-n-Reel.

I'll try ot get a page up for you, as soon as I get the materials from TBone and wallEYES, so you can see it. Although for me seeing it doesn't do justice to how it actually helps us catch fish. It's an awesome tool.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-09-2002).]

You mentioned there were trap/sled mounts available yet. I will take 3. Let me know how I get them. I need 3 that fold up with the peg on left. I reel with my left hand. I know you know what I am talking about. You can email me the details. Thanks Scott Steil

[email protected]

Thanks WallEYES, I will quit bugging you guys now and start bugging Rick. I have the one I got at the show mounted on my trap guide and have used it the last two nights, Works great!! Scott Steil

Guys......If all goes right, Rick should have them available soon. Full size units and bucket/tub mounts will be in limited quantity at first. Still working out some agreements with production but hope to have that squared away soon. We're doing the best we can to get it done.....Thanks for all the good words!.........T

Tbone- With all these folks saying what a great idea they are, although I have not seen any, I guess I need one. I would be willing to take an old/used one off your hands!!! Please!!!

Hmmmm, I wonder if they'll work up here on LOTW?!?!?!!!

Fisky

Fisky,
If you can talk T-Bone out of one, I'd be willing to pick it up and bring it up with me this weekend.
I'm in Bloomington and "close" to Hopkins.
I'll be leaving the Cities early Friday morning for the cabin and on LOW before sunrise on sdaturday morning.....
Just offering to help wink.gif ..... (and repay the favor of all the excellent information you've provided !)
Twitter

Coool, thanks Twitter! Can't wait!! You'll have a good time up here next weekend that's for sure. And now just to rub it in a little..... I'm gonna take off in about an hour and go sit out on the ice infront of Pine till dark.... Nice day spose to get 35 or so, I leave you guys a couple!

Regards....Fisky

Fisky.......Matter of fact, the first time I wanted to really try the concept, I took it to LOW and rented a sleeper out of Arnesen's. In 24 hours (and the bite shuts down at sundown) I filled a cooler with perch, sauger and walleye. Was fishing the mud basin west of Gull Rock in about 29' and fish were glued to the bottom. We're hitting the Angle this weekend. I don't know if I can help you out before then.........T

Good to hear that these will be available. For you people looking for a quality made product that will allow you to detect even the lightest of bites, including the times the fish swims up with your presentation, this is for you. This product will mount to your sled or even a bucket in minutes and when you are done you can just fold it shut and it is ready for next time. There will be no more digging thru the sled to find that “lost” rod holder.

Another good aspect of this product is that I feel it is the first or at least the easiest system to get your rod out of when you see the bite. A lot of “tube” style rod holders out there are not as easy to get your rod out of the holder before the fish detects you. This one you just slide the rod off, give the fish a little hanging line, and set the hook. Fish never even feels you.

I know the one I have looks good mounted to my sled and I need to be in line for 3 more for myself.

Good luck on the lakes!!
Jeff

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Fisky and all who want a tub mount for your portable.

We only have 40 units coming. I expect to have them today or tomorrow. I won't get a regular online page up until next week.

What you can do is call toll free:
(866) 523-0980 to order and get all the info you need on them.

Mark my words, These babies are going to revolutionize the way you ice fish, especially with a rod-holder/deadstick. They are that good. The Rock-n-Reel is extremely durable and should give you many years of use.

Again,
if you want to be sure to get yours
Call toll free:
1-866-523-0980