• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bear bows

Rip_Some_Lip

I have a friend that has a brand new 2008 Bear Odyssey II youth bow I can buy for my 9 year old for $150. He also has a new 2008 Bear Lights Out bow that I can buy for about $225. I have an old Matthews featherlight bow and am looking to get something newer. I cant aford a new Matthews so I was thinking of getting these. does anyone have any of these and what is your opinion? Thay look like nice bows. I am definitely going to get the youth bow, just not sure about the other one. Thanks for any replies.

It looks like a pretty good bow but I have never shot one. Is he going to include the whole package with it or just bare bow? If its the package then it sounds like a great deal. Its not going to be the fastest bow in the world but who cares its still going to have plenty of power to take down a deer and it has a nice long brace height which is going to make it very forgiving to shoot. I would at least suggest shooting it a few times if you havent already just to make sure theres not something about it that feels awkward. If you like the way it feels and he is going to include almost everything to get you set up I would say go for it.

Those are pretty good deals i know since Bear and Primos are no longer working together all of last years bows like the truth 2 and lights out are pretty cheap now, so you could get a truth 2 for a steal now if you can find one. i have one and i love it

Rip lip: I just bought the Lights out edition last season with the exact set up you described. I found it to been better then most in the price range I had set. I have been very happy with it and am comfortable shooting out to 40 yards. I have the 50-60lb bow with blazers and they pretty fast i can use my ten yard pin out to about 25yards with minimal dropage. If you know the guy personally and know how he treats his equitment i wouldn't hesitate to buy it. (there is actually a pic of it up on the bow rack title fourm)