• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

help finding cisco or tullibee

fish_4_fun

hey, i'm a guy who has never seen a cisco or tullibee. my dad, who does not go fishing anymore wants to eat some. he is old and cant go out in the cold. he wants me to go catch some, the problem is, i dont even know where to start or go. can someone help me please. i live in minneapolis and will drive up in about an hour or so to find these fish.

Mille Lacs is about as far south as their range goes in MN, thats a couple hour drive. As far as location Ive never targeted them but Ive caught as few fishing Mille Lacs for perch. I believe they schooling fish and dont really hold in one certain area, more of nomad roamers but I could be wrong. Good luck.

Mille Lacs is going to be the closest bet. I would hop on the forums there and see where people are catching them at. It seems to me there was a deep spot on the south side that was good, I think it was even called the tullibie hole.

+1 on Mille Lacs. Saturday at dusk on Nine Mile up there we caught about 40 in an hour. I agree they seemed to be a schooling fish- Vex's were lit up like a Christmas tree. Not what we were targeting but fun all the same. Didn't keep them-apparently they are better eating if they're smoked.

Lybecks on Mille Lacs plows roads to the Tulibee Hole, at least they used to. I've had the best luck catching them late in the season, after Walleye season closes. The lure I had the most luck with was a bright, glittery willow leaf spinner blade with a dropper line and a small hook or sunfish jig on it. Baited with waxies, I would pick it up a foot or two and let it drop back to the slip bobber setting. Watch close for strikes when it settles back down. Good luck.

thanks for all the post, i think i'll give millacs a try, sounds very fun. i'll head out this sunday, when i return i'll let you guys all know how i did. so you guys mentioned that there were resorts that plow roads to these spots, can anybody tell me where these resorts are specifically, a lot of them dont show up on a google map.

This is to Lybecks.

Coming from the Twin Cities:

Take Highway 169 North past the City of Onamia. 2 1/2 mile past the City of Onamia look for Jct. 169 and Highway 27 (Holiday Gas Station). Take a right onto Highway 27 and follow through the City of Wahkon. One mile East of Wahkon take a left on County Road 155 (green and white highway sign says Hazelglade/FM-Millelacs Road). Follow County Road 155 one mile. Take a right at the FM-Millelacs's Ice Fishing sign and follow to end of driveway.

Read The reports on the Mille Lacs thread, pages 53&54. Several people reported catching some different places recently. I've only caught 1,(on a Genz worm jig tipped with a couple waxworms) and he was suspended. My buddy didn't want anymore in his fishhouse smirk (they have an odor). Good luck. Just remember they have small mouths, so use small lures.