• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Talk about having no luck this year.

Man I'm having a bad year ice fishing. I've only made it out about 5 times so far, and haven't caught a dang thing. Went to Okabena in worthington MN, Storm Lake, Spirt Lake. I just picked up an FL20 Vex today thinking I'd catch a few perch at Spirt No luck.

So is anyone having and luck out there.

Started off hot as hell on Spirit...ended the day with 5 eater eyes and a bunch of small perch.

Took us a bit to get used to the FL-20 after using the FL-8 and a 55.

FL 20 has not helped me catch a fish any better than either of those units. Can see the bottom on Spirit in 18 FOW right now, but I still wish I had my camera. Best tool I have ever had.

Been a goofy year with the snow cover. The best advice I can give you is that the spots that worked in the summer are still working.

The guys that run and gun are complaining. The perch bite on Spirit, (im my opinion) is not what is was last year and I don't mind. Saves money on wax worms.

If you fish Spirit stay close to the access' unless you have a buddy to dig you out. Slush and snow covered. I don't mind the snow nearly as much as dropping a foot into a slush hole with only 12-14 inches of ice under me.

I know it will hold me but I want to puke every time I hit one of those holes and they are everywhere.

Started off hot as hell on Spirit...ended the day with 5 eater eyes and a bunch of small perch.

Took us a bit to get used to the FL-20 after using the FL-8 and a 55.

FL 20 has not helped me catch a fish any better than either of those units. Can see the bottom on Spirit in 18 FOW right now, but I still wish I had my camera. Best tool I have ever had.

Been a goofy year with the snow cover. The best advice I can give you is that the spots that worked in the summer are still working.

The guys that run and gun are complaining. The perch bite on Spirit, (im my opinion) is not what is was last year and I don't mind. Saves money on wax worms.

If you fish Spirit stay close to the access' unless you have a buddy to dig you out. Slush and snow covered. I don't mind the snow nearly as much as dropping a foot into a slush hole with only 12-14 inches of ice under me.

I know it will hold me but I want to puke every time I hit one of those holes and they are everywhere.

Yea, I like the camera to. Used one yesterday and only seen one perch before dark came and we switched to sonar. Ya gotta love the camera.

On Spirit perch a camera will outfish a flasher hands down anyday. Ed I been fishing next to a FL-20 for 2 years now and still don't like it. After running the LX-5 it's had to go back to the blob lines of a Vex. How long you gonna be up here, might ride out that way sometime this week.

I don't know if I was being messed with or not, but one of my coworkers said his father in law was at red nose point and caught a lot of perch Sat. & Sun. Claims were they caught around 220 over Sat. & Sun. I'm thinking he's full of it, because most that I talked too weren't catching anything.

I am leaving this afternoon. Will be back up on Friday.

Had a decent weekend with walleyes. I only fished 12 FOW. Not much for perch. Perch are being caught out deep and I didn't feel like digging the shack out of the mess.

Esox, stop out next weekend. I will still be on Buffalo, moving out to the break, you can't miss the shack.

Esox for the last few weeks that would have worked but maybe not now. The rain is gonna make that snow hard when it gets cold. Plus I dont see that many guys out. Back to the original topic, this has been one of my best yrs. As far as perch the best ever no contest. Blugills are down but all species its been real good. Its really inconsistent. Like here today gone tommorrow, but I have found lots of fish every time. I find when I start fishing and I dont find any in an hr, move the truck to somewhere else. Cause they arent moving across the bay, they left the county.

Thought i would start a spring /summer post!

I've only been out a few times, but have done poorly so far! Tried the cedar a couple of times, only a few smallies to show. Seen a few walleye caugth the other nite, but not by me, and many were small. The crappie bite isn't much better. A marsh area that is usually good after ice out is only giving up some small ones. Maybe next time! grin

Well! My luck is still running true! Tried a little bay area at a marsh. No crappies. If you had bait the small gils were plentifull. Cold and rain the next few days, so will wait for more stabil weather.

Well,atleast i caught a walleye! Alex and i fished the cedar last night. As dusk was setting in i caught a 11 incher and Alex got one about 13 in. Thought the night bite had finally started. Nope! That was the only fish we caught!

We tried hitting some crappies Sunday afternoon at Templar Park. My 6 yr old got the first one all the way to shore before it spit the hook out, wasn't very big. He did catch one more, and my wife caught one, both small crappies. My 8 yr old and I got skunked... We saw a few being caught, about 5 boats working the docks, didn't really see how they did. There was one guy that was catching them pretty consistantly off of one of the floating docks, closest to the culvert. Was a beautiful day to be out.

Maybe my luck is starting to change! Found an area that the crappies are starting to stage for spawning.I only manged a few, but a buddy caught his limit, and a few extra for me so we could have a fish fry tonight!YUM! grin

Fished a little lake this morning, mainly for crappies. No Takers. Did see few caught, and one guy was catching smaller gils using a little hair jig that he smushed trout bait on. No water temps, but the gils are making beds. Water clarity was fairly clear, but crud, and fir tree fuzz on the surface.

The fishing has been slow around here. The rivers are starting to go down, but remain some what dirty due to rain. We fished the miss. sat. with little results, but talked to a few people that did ok on gils. They had a bass tourney out of prairie this sat. I was told the winning weight was 16+, with second at 14+. At harpers the west channel was rough, so we had lots of boat traffic in many of the back waters.

At volga the fishing has been slow.Little panfish from shore, a few bass in the evenings, and some cats at night. The lake is a mess with the algae on the surface.