• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Canada fishing trip, when and where?

Looks like alot of great stories will come of these trips you guys are going on. If anyone wants to share a neat (good or bad) expirience that happened on any of these trips in the past, please share, helps the cabin fever not to set in too hard hearing about this kind of things. Anybody else heading to Canada this year? Bluelund, theres good lakes around Ignace, just as theres good lakes in all the areas.

Nice to see you guys supporting our economy, but do you ever wonder where us Canadians fish? Just curious I suppose. Not one Canadian stays at, or fishes out of a a resort. There's much better fishing, where you won't see a soul for weeks on end, just a few more miles away.

Brooky - Sorry you feel left out. The starting posting was not directed to just US visitors to Canada. It was when when, where, and what lakes does everyone fish. It just happens that most visitors to Canada on this site are from the US. Feel free to share this great fishing spot just a few more miles away.

It may appear from this thread not many Canadians use outfitters. This is partially true as it seems no Canadians on this site use outfitters. Just a side note, vast majority of our clients are Americans. However, Canadians do use outfitters as well though. I personally flew in 4 differnt groups of Canadians last season and I would guess Superbee has some Canadians going through his outfit as well?

Brooky - I would be very interested in hearing more about this!

I fish right next to the MN/Canadian border 5-8 times per year and cross back and forth during the trip. Mostly LOTW and Rainy.

We have had a father/son group for the last 5 or 6 years go to Chamberlain Narrows on Lac Seul. This year, we may decide to go to the NW Angle of LOTW to save money...I'm not sure yet. (I know NW Angle is in MN, but we do all our fishing north of the Angle up in Canada).

I've been to Sabaskong Bay musky fishing several times and I would like to go back this year in July or Aug if I can swing it. Nothing booked yet.

I've done fly-ins, but personally I prefer to fish out of my own boat. So I try to find drive-to or boat-in destinations.

I would also be interested in doing a trophy northern trip someday if it was affordable and I was convinced the place had the best trophy northern fishing.

I love this thread!

My son, brother and several others are heading up to Lake St. Joseph by Pickle Lake, Ontario in early June. We stay at Camp Lake St. Joseph. You can drive right to the lake and the fishing is fantastic. 8 of us went last year, and we got 150 northerns over 30". 8-10 of them were over 40. We caught lots of walleyes although nothing real big. The hosts are great, and the rates are very reasonable. June can't get here soon enough.

Our group is heading up in June to Winoga Lodge in Sioux Lookout, on lake Abram and Minitaki. I believe this is our 16th year going up there. It's a blast I love it up there. Family, friends, and great fishing. Hope everyone has great trips. Here is a pic of my wife and her monster 48.5" she caught 2 years ago.

Canada08013-1.jpg

Headed to Lake Despair Lodge twice this year!! First week is the week of Memorial day and then the week after the 4th. Haven't ever been to Canada. Going w/ the inlaws. Very excited to go thats for sure. I'm sure i won't be let down.

Planning on fishing all the lakes on the lower part of the chain!! Hope to catch my first 30" fish. (eye that is)

Hope to have some pics to post in the near future

My dad and some friends went up for trout camp in Jan. They were on Whitefish Bay near Sioux Narrows. They called it "a trip for the ages." LOTS of lakers (a few over 30") and a Pike that was 45". I am BUMMED I didn't make it, but they had a blast.

Hello Ray, Looking forward to meeting you and your group. Indain Point is about a 5 minute drive from us and offers very good rates for our guests who are flying in with us at there cabins or bunkhouse. That might be a good place to check out, Cindy is very nice who you will be talking too if you call there. There number is on the information sheet in the packette I sent to you. If you have any questions feel free drop me a email. Let me know what you decide on to where you'll be spending the night before.

Heading up to Lost Lake just northwest of Sioux Lookout in June for our annual week. Always reserve our time a year in advance, before leaving the resort. Don't want to have to take the chance of being left out.