• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Venom Floats

After watching the video on the Venom Floats HSOforum it's one of those products that makes you say "why didn't I think of that!". So simple yet so versatile. The ability to adjust the buoyancy quickly for any weight of jig+bait is the ticket for finicky fish that flee when they feel the resistance of a typical bobber that isn't sized correctly for the bait.

The other aspect that makes these floats appealing is that they won't take up a lot of room in the tackle box. Instead of carrying multiple bobbers of different sizes for different weights of jigs, you'll only need enough for the rods you're using, plus any spares in the tackle box which are smaller in diameter than a normal bobber which is another bonus.

I ordered the Venom kit on Wednesday evening and today the mailman dropped them off just in time for a trip to the lake. Upon opening the package I saw there was a note attached with very easy to understand directions describing how to make a cut in the clip-end to allow for taking the float on and off the line without cutting and retying that some were inquiring about. If you look closely there is a notch in the plastic on the clip-end that gives you a guide of where to make the cut. I chose to leave them intact as I typically have a rod dedicated as a deadstick anyway, not to mention with this adjustable design there won't be any need to switch floats when jig weights are changed.

I rigged up a rod with the new float, set it for the depth, and then adjusted the float to achieve perfect buoyancy without a bit of trouble. I was wondering how the AB size would work with a 1/8 oz jig (in this case a Kastmster tipped with a fathead minnow) but using the longer float without the pin weights it balanced perfectly. It was interesting to see how moving the float in and out of the plastic piece just slightly would make the jig slowly fall or hold in position.

About mid-afternoon out of the corner of my eye I saw the float "pop" a little and then lift out of the water about an inch higher than normal where it held there, so I snatched the rod out of the holder, felt resistance, and set the hook on about a 2lb pike. With the float at perfect buoyancy the pike never saw it coming. smile

Tomorrow I hope to get out again to give them another try, but I can already see these will be a staple in my tacklebox. Thanks for the fast delivery as well!

Please take a moment to check out their HSOforum at Venom Floats to see a new idea for an old fishing technique that works!

Well I got to use one this week and was actually impressed. Being able to change lures without dikin' around trying to either cut off another bobber (then it's cut for good) or figure out the correct amount of which sinkers to use let me have my line in the water longer and may have put more fish on the ice.

The crappie bite was tough. Fish were very finicky and would run if you moved your lure too much, or at all. Half my fish came on the deadstick with the Venom bobber.

I was able to get out and try my new Venom Floats on Sunday.

We got onto a pretty good sunfish bite so I had some time to mess around with these floats. The jig bite was very hot for the sunfish we where on but after a hour or so they seem to shut down, we dropped the camera down to see what was going on and as our depth finders where showing the fish where still there they would run at the bait take it and then spit it out as fast as they could. We caught a couple more using the camera and I switch over to a bobber rod and a dead stick.

We also switch to eruo worms as we down sized. It then seemed like most of the fish we where catching where "just holding on". I got the Venom bobber out and put the pin weight in so the float was just netural, this seemed to help me as I started to see the bites and was able to put a few more fish in the house.

As the day went on the crappies started to move in and we continued to pull up a few fish. The crappies would come in a hit the jigs hard but then seem to be gone and then you would see the Venom float start to rise up in the water and then you could set the hook. I took the pin weight off and pulled the foam out so it would tip over when a crappie would hit the jig and start to swim up with the bait.

All in all the floats worked good for me and I have a walleye trip planned for next weekend and am looking forward to testing them out on the bigger fish.

Sifty

I received a Venom float from the Shackbash benefit on Saturday night. Very nice of them to donate some product for a good cause! I bet there will be a bunch of folks who were at the benefit, that will be trying these out in the near future wink

I figured that I would give it a try last night while out chasing some very finicky catfish. I like the adjustability of the bobber, which of course is what makes it unique.

I also wanted to mention that I did run across a situation that I never thought about that the adjustability really shined. We were fishing in an area that had some current and was pushing our bobbers to the front of the hole. I had it set exactly how I wanted it (just above the water line) and by doing so was able to catch several finicky fish. Well, a bit later, the fish had moved down about 10ft deeper, so I needed to adjust my bobber stop to that depth. As a result of doing that though, the current drag on that extra 10ft of line was actually starting to pull my bobber under, so I simply picked up the bobber and raised the foam about 2 tics laugh. I was good to go again!

Yes, Corey and Venom floats donated 100 sets to our event. That was huge and we made sure strictly fisherman and fisherwomen received them. Venom was all the buzz in conversation topics as the night went on.

Corey, the owner of Venom floats, attended the event and I was able to have a long conversation with Corey and his father. Very nice people and I was impressed with the dedication towards customer service Corey expressed. Corey wanted me to extend a note to all that if any concern(s) or issue(s) arise with any of the Venom float components, give them a call or e-mail and they will take care of you. smile

I have not been able to try the Venom float system yet (I have not been out fishing), but I will say Venom has won me over with the current reviews and their dedication to customer service.

Thank you Corey and Venom floats! smile

Wow, I was impressed simply by watching their videos. After reading your testimonials I'll be placing the order tomorrow. It's great what they did for Shackbash event, that shows me a lot about the company as a whole. I'll report back with my results.

I used them this past weekend, it was nice being able to change up lure sizes, and not have to be concerned about having to switch out bobbers. Just a little adjustment, is all that is needed. They worked great for me.

Got mine yesterday. Took them out to test them with my 5yr old on the finicky gills. I'll tell ya, they worked wonders. These gills were just lipping the bait. Even the slightest touch and there was a nice response from the Venom float. It was definately exciting watching the little one get worked up when his bobber starting tugging. I tested them out on assorted bluegill baits and sizes, they all worked well with some minor adjusting. Took only seconds to adjust, which limited alot of down time. Was definately money well spent. Next test will be for some gators. Also, the Customer Service is great. I ordered by phone and spent 30mins talking to Corey about the product, how it works, what's in the works, etc... That my friends is hard to come by in this day and age.

One more trick that I would like to share with you about the design... The pin weights are designed to do as much of a job of eliminating the need of sinkers as one can ask, but just by the nature of design - everything has a limit. Physics... Just add water. Pull the weight and add water inside the lower body. It is much lighter than the weights and you can add water or "push water out" with the foam when inserting to tune for middle of the road weight jigs. Just another trick to share. Just dump it out when done and change it up again.

SPECIAL FOR HSO MEMBERS!! As a thank you to all HSO members, Venom Outdoors is offering an end of the season sale on our floats. Buy one get of free on our "KIT" packages. Any quantity you buy - we will double it. This will be on our "kits" only. We want to thank everyone for their support this year and we will continue to make our products better and better for you! Simply note in the "special instructions" area on the purchase page "HSO Member" and we will double the order that you place! Thanks to all and best of luck on the ice!! smile This special will end March 5, 2010.

Bright colors or GLOW IN THE DARK is what you want?? You will have it! Check out the link below and scroll slightly down. We are getting our final touches on our tooling as we speak to make these components. Release date to be announced, but we are hoping to have them ready for you by next season. smile

http://www.venomfloats.com/products.html#Custom Color Foam Caps

I have been using my venom float as a strike indicater for finicky crappies and gills. The bite has been super light and even with a Jason Mitchel meatstick or spring bobber rod its hard to get into them. I have been setting the Venom to SLOWLY fall and when it stalls, drops faster or just moves at all Im setting the hook. Been working great with very small presentations.