• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy Model 30 Question

Ruegs23

Question

I'm sure this has been gone over before, if it has can somebody show me where I can't seem to find it. I took out the auger this fall and replaced the gas, replaced the plug and took off the carb and sprayed cleaner into it. It started good. Now that I need to use it, it won't start!!! I'm guessing it is the carb, because there is plenty of spark. I pump it 5 - 10 times and pull and pull. It just won't fire. How exactly do you clean the jets in carb? I'm very stupid when it comes to engines and carbs. Thanks for the info in advance.
Ruegs23

1 answer to this question

Is your plug wet?

You have a primer and a choke on your auger. It will take a combination of the two to get it started and keep it running when it is extrememly cold.

Otherwise try this...Prime the thing until the gas drips out of the thing, pull the throttle wide open, and pull it over... It should start, even if your carb jets are plugged. Once it starts, prime once when it seems to want to die...Chances are it will run fine once it's warmed up.

PCG