Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
CAD

First wheelhouse

CAD    0

Well I just bought my first wheelhouse from King Cros and im picking it up in a week and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks that maybe useful. Some of the other questions are if I drop it on the ice and bank it and leave it out for a month what will keep it from getting froze down? Should I drill my holes and then drop it or drop it and then drill from inside the house? Thanks for the help and any other tricks that will come in handy.

I lower my shack down on a stack of 4x4 blocks to keep it 8 inches up in case of slush when leaving it on a location for a week. With it up this far I just drill the holes right with the shack down and use the old slush inhaler to clear em. I don't like to ever put a wheel house or a skid house in a spot without blocks to get it a little off the ice. Helps to keep the floor a bit warmer too. I do bank it with snow though or it will get cold with the draft coming in from below.

We set our wheehouse on 2x6 boards at all of the corners and under the doors. We then put it down and drill the holes (invest in a slush bucket, it is well worth the money). Buy a good tongue lock and dont leave anything of value in the house. Most importantly.....ENJOY it, we are very glad we bought one and we use it a lot.

I crank down half way and drill the holes, then crank down the rest of the way. I set my house right on the ice, no blocks. I just crank the wheels down on occasion just enuf to break it loose. I have never set up in slush, I guess if I did, I would block it. Bank the house to keep the holes open. I have a split hitch in front so I can pull a pin and the part of the hitch that has the coupler goes in the back of my truck if I leave.

slush bucket and a slush inhaler are the way to go, no mess and one swipe with the inhaler and your done. Keep your winches and cables well lubed with a silicone based spray, and waterproof camping bags are nice to keep your winches covered while traveling and not in use. Have a set of cables just in case one does break.

If you plan to leave it there a month I would definately block the corners up with some boards so it doesn't freeze down. I learned the hard way once, that was all it took.