Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
coffee

Big Buddy Heater question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Bald Eagle skimmed over on Saturday.  Today after the relatively light snow there are many areas where the cracks look like water came up through and discolored the ice.  At least that what I think happened. Since there was only an inch or so of snow I am surprised that it pushed the ice down and let water come up.  Anyone else have an explanation?
    • I am assuming it was either an Ion, SM Lithium, or drill setup... If it is, no need for a slush copter. I put my slush bucket over the hole... drill... then reverse. In 12" of ice I can do 6 holes with one dump of the bucket. Every 6" beyond that takes another dumping of the bucket.
    • I have the parts on order to get the unit set up for the ice.  I ended up buying a marcum lithium shuttle for my LX7 and then plan to mount the Helix on the shuttle that came with my LX7.  I am hoping to find walk-able ice in my area this weekend and hopefully the parts show up before then so i can give it a go.  I have the pre-chirp model of the helix so with a little luck i can get them to cooperate.
    • Big home game tonight against a very young and vastly improved Calgary team.  Should be a great game.
    • I sold my old 4 stroke and bought a new electric this year because of the fumes.  Even drilling 4 holes nearly gassed me every time.  
    • I'd be careful about extending these older guys at this point....extending Koivu was a mistake and if Staal proves out and he's worth it we can sign him later...like we should have done with Koivu...but we've already been down that discussion. Agree on the 3 on 3 OT wins...we showed more aggressiveness, it paid off...and then it becomes a confidence factor which we certainly should have going forward.  Big game tonight.  
    • If you're rolling with 4 and a half inch car speakers which seem pretty standard for wheelhouses, you're just not gonna get much for bass out of the things, especially if they are el cheapos.  Which also seems pretty standard for wheelhouses. I don't own a wheelhouse, but for the portable, the boat, the garage, etc, I use a Bluetooth speaker.  Lasts all day on a charge and puts out pretty rich sound for $100.
    • Yup... you're right. 3000# for both brakes and licensing
    • Electrics augers are crazy nice in wheelhouse. I know that propane and 4-strokes give off WAY less fumes then the augers of yesteryear... but the new auger setups essentially have a slush copter built in with the reverse option.
    •   Not a chance that Nils is closing, quite the opposite as they can't make them fast enough. The Tanaka powerhead and transmission made by Hitachi (great product btw)was discontinued a few years back along with many other Tanaka power tools.   I thought that might effect Nils but timing and trend of going electric plus new higher torque drills and lithium higher amp hr batteries made the transition seamless.      
  • Our Sponsors