• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just wondering does anyone use one anymore. or are they collecting dust in the gun cabinet with the introduction to the 17hmr. What kinda gun do you have?

Mine is a Marlin bolt with a bull barrle on it and BSA scope nothing fancy but its really accurate

Mine's an NAA Mini ... ain't shot it in years ... a lot of 'em!

Bought a .17hmr when they came out ... Ruger 77 ... it shot sub-moa ... but I expected more ... traded it off, not long after.

Now, for rimfire, I just shoot .22lr ... Ruger 10/22's ... got a .223 for the "serious" stuff. whistle

I'm of the general opinion that, with the right ammo, a good .22wmr can shoot as good as .17hmr. I don't have much to base that on ... but it's my opinion, and I'm stickin' with it! grin

I've always heard good things about the Marlin bolt .22wmr's ... sounds ya like yours, plenty? What kinda accuracy ya gettin' from yours? ... just curious.

mine has no iron on it so a scope was mandatory for me. hope to be out soon shooting some yotes with it. I ve had it for 12 years and dont shoot it near enough I typically grab the 243 but I'm thinking that the mag needs to shot more. so be it...

As for my other rim fire I have a winchester model 69A bolt action with a 6/9round clip and it is scoped up and its quite the squirrel gun and dont use anything else very fun to shoot

My brother still hunts small game with his mag, he went out with some buddies and tried their mag and fell in love with it so he went and bought one the next day. It all worked out in the end for me because he sold me his .22lr for dirt, we both have winn. lever actions. Ive been looking for another lever 22 but there is nothing out there to my taste now a days.

I have a Marlin .22 mag that a friend sold me after buying a .17. Mine has killed just as many coyotes as his has. And after one shot, they're just as dead. If I have to reach out farther, my .223 comes into play. But that's too loud to shoot in Minnetonka.. Not that I would shoot in town. I own 6 or 8 .22 Long Rifle weapons but the .22 mag has a bit more punch when it's needed.

Phred thanks for reminding me my dad had the Ruger six wheel and it was very fun to shoot and it was suprisingly accurate.

he gave it to my little bro I was bummed but then he gave me the S&W 41 mag to play with.

Definitely a GREAT little wheel gun! ICEHOUSEBOB, I also have the 2 cylinders on mine. Is yours in Stainless?? I enjoy shooting in low light conditions just for the 'fireball effect' (.454 Casull is blinding, fire EVERYWHERE!!) As far as loud, I wear ear plugs when I shoot and the sound still get through plenty enough. smile Phred52