• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St. Croix River-Amery-Balsam-Big Round-Wapo-Turtle Fishing Reports

Big Round and most of east Balsam are ready for foot traffic. My buddy said Butternut is ready too.

And of course all of the smaller lakes like the Blakes and Ashes are ready as well.

I fished out on Big Round last night. It was dead! There where 4 other guys fishing near me and between the 15 tip-ups out nobody had a flag (I left a little after 7pm).

Was out on Big Round the past three days. 8 solid inches of ice with another 4 inches f frozen slush on top of that. Never saw any vehicles on the lake. You can drive anywhere with a wheeler. You can get down to Indian bay with a wheeler. I would not recommend driving a vehicle yet.

Late report......

Fished Big Round on Jan 1st. West side of lake, Spent 6hours out there, 8 guys working looking for fish. All we could come up with was perch. Punched over 100 holes from 3fow to 20fow. There were some decent perch but we were looking for the gills. Good luck! Saw two 1/2ton pick ups on ice on west shoreline.

Fished pike in amery last week caught 2 8" wallys got out on wapo on monday it was slow went to pine lake by horse creek the last 2 nights caught a bunch of minnie crappie Anyone been having any luck on round or balsam i think im going to try round on sat

GOOD LUCK

I grew up fishing Wapogasset and Cedar. Some of my best fishing experiences(and childhood memories) happened on those lakes.

Nothing quite like sight fishing in five feet of water when suddenly the panfish leave because there's a 60" muskie under two holes.