• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pipestone Lake Fishing Reports by Gateway North Outfitters

There is lots of snow on the lakes and in the bush with more wet heavy falling right now. Talked with the local CO today and he was just up Pipestone, he said there is lots of slush coming up. He also said the other wardens were finding slush on most all the lakes they have been patrollingt he last couple days. I am heading up tommorrow fishing and will try to post another report.

There is lots of snow with only a couple inches of slush. The snow is very deep and travel with sleighs is not good right now. Still snowing and drifting right now. Fishing was slow this morning, but a couple trout were landed.

The lake conditions are not favorable currently in most areas. The deep snow earlier created lots of slush and with the past warm up, more slush is showing up. Travel with caution. If heading out travel light and carry the proper equipment in case you get in a situation. This is a picture from yesterday.

IMG_0301_zps772e614b.jpg

The lake conditions are not favorable currently in most areas. The deep snow earlier created lots of slush and with the past warm up, more slush is showing up. Travel with caution. If heading out travel light and carry the proper equipment in case you get in a situation. This is a picture from yesterday.

IMG_0301_zps772e614b.jpg

Oh boy, heading up in a couple hours. Looks like we're in for some fun in the slop!

Just got back from Pipestone over Memorial Weekend.  We saw a grand total of two other boats our entire trip.  Eater walleyes were tougher to come by than usual, but we got quite a few between 28 and 30 inches.  The lake trout fishing was the highlight and we nailed them jigging with our normal walleye gear.  I'm not sure how many we got, but fishing was fantastic.  The smallest ran about 26" with many over 30".  We got a smattering of smallies as well as the usual pike, which we mostly try to avoid.  Fantastic trip with great weather!

My younger sister came with and her only goal was to catch a lake trout.  Turns out she was the trout queen.  She kicked my butt.  I swear every time I turned around she had another lake trout on the line.

I can't wait to head back up in July!

Sara Trout.JPG