• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Work

hamms-scooter

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work as a gaurd at a prison, with everyother weekend off along with every monday. Getting out fishing isn't to bad. Lately though my weekends off are being filled with other stuff to do instead of fishing. Nice part is everyone is off the lakes mondays. Bad part not many people to go fishing with on mondays.

Kevin

I run a dock & lift service installing, removing, and repairing docks and boat lifts in the summer and go to the lakes everyday but never to fish. I've seen the lunkers out there and not had a line to throw at them. now winter is the time of year I fish or hunt on almost a daily basis but when not working these winter months what is cheaper than fishing cause its not the cable. I know that and I'd rather watch a bobber than the trash on tv anyway. if not for fishing and hunting for survival I'd starv to death anyway. might as well fish.

i load produce trucks 4 days a week from aboutthe first of november to the middle of june when we go to 5 days a week and really long nights. right now Im working sunday mornings at 9-done, monday at 430-done, and thursday and friday 430-done. i got most of the day to do what i want then fish tuesady and wednesday nights.

Im a Wind Turbine Technician. This is my first year and im finding out how much I miss hunting and fishing. I do alot of traveling around the country so Im only home every 6 weeks or so but I guess I cant complain at least I have a good job. Made a trip up to Rainy last week and got a doe with my bow on my week off and plan on doing another trip when I get back. Its a bit of a change from being able to hunt and fish almost every day to only being able to get out a couple times a month. Hopefully I get sent off to a state with some lakes around next so at least I can do some fishing while on the road.

Retired after 33 years with a county park department. I now drive a Zamboni part time after taking 12 months completely off. I dislike fishing on the week-ends due to the crowds and love the fact that I can fish midweek just about any time I like.

I'm a plant engineer at a large west suburban hospital. My shifts and days off rotate every week so most of my time off is during the week. I have lots of trouble finding someone to fish with. Maybe we should have a thread started for guys like us to get fishing partners.

example: Hi, I'm Bob and I live in Minnetonka. I have a pickup, two portables,flasher, power auger, and an ATV to add to the fishing outings. I fish for anything biting at the moment.

What do you guys think of the idea?

I have been working stucco the past 6 years of my life and went to school last year to become a insurance adjuster. With this tough economy and weak storm year, it has made it very tough to land a job.. So I basically can go fishing whenever I want after job searching.

I run Heavy Equipment for a construction company March thru December. So that gives me all winter to ice fish grin I really wish I would of been a teacher though. Im doing this all backwards.....I need summers off and not winters.

I am a real estate Appraiser and basically set my own schedule. However it has been very slow for me the past few months so I have a lot of time. Don't get out as much as I would like due to not having any one to fish with. I don't have a truck anymore to take my porty to the lake so it kind of sucks. That and 2 young kids makes evening fishing less possible. But during the day is a different story while they are in school. Once I get a hitch on my car I will be getting out a lot more. It just seems more fun when someone else is along to b.s. with.

I'm a Mech. Engineer. Made it past the first round of layoffs since I'm still young and cheaper than the more experienced engineers.

8-5 m-f. We were on short 4 day weeks for a while with a pay cut. I had lots of time for fishing then, but no money to do so. Now, I've got the money and less time.

Service tech for a big medical corp. 9-6 weekdays. Proud father of two. Usually fish around 3am-7am on weekdays. Weekends are reserve for the family due to kids involvement in sports. little girl plays hockey and the boy does snowboarding. It's a win-win for the family.

I am an Estimator for a General Contractor. We build medium to large commercial buildings. I work M-F 8-5 and some nights. (If I have a bid the next day) My boss knows I have a passion for fishing and lets me go pretty much whenever I want. I don't take advantage of my privilage too much though.

I'm a Paramedic working full time in an Emergency Dept and on the ambulance. I work 3 nights a week. Lots of time for fishing, I can't complain at all. My husband works Mon-Thurs. afternoons as a Machinist. He doesn't complain either. Going to be out on the ice this weekend and looking forward to it!

I have been working stucco the past 6 years of my life and went to school last year to become a insurance adjuster. With this tough economy and weak storm year, it has made it very tough to land a job.. So I basically can go fishing whenever I want after job searching.

WallyGader can you email me as mnfieldinspector dot com

I work part time at Office Depot usually about 30 hours a week. Every other weekend off work at least one weekday off means I'm free at least a couple times a week. No girlfriend and all the guys off at school means I have plenty of time to get out on the lake where and for what I want. It would be nice to have a fishing partner sometimes though.