• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Angel Eye Jr. and Northland Forage Minnow

mnwild14

Question

3 answers to this question

The Angel Eye fishes lighter than the forage minnow. It has more surface area for a given weight and has more bend in the spoon. As a result it has more flutter on the fall and a lot more action when jigging. I have plenty of forage minnows and AE's in my tackle box and each get used, but the AE's usually are tied on my rod first. With the action they have, they work excellent to attrack fish from a distance. I have also found them to work good with a short dropper when the fish are a little more finicky.

Another spoon you might want to look into is the glow devils. They fish much like the forage minnow, but have awsome glow paint. They are extremely durable and if you charge them up, you don't even have to be in the dark to see them glow. Something else to consider.....

[This message has been edited by flyingfish (edited 12-11-2002).]

The forage minnow use to be my lure of choice , until recently I switched to the AE JR. 60% of my Walleyes this year have been caught on AE jrs. The other 40 were plain hooks an such. Theres two ways that catch fish on a jr. On the drop(cause its slow and fluttery) or teasing them with a slow rise after vigorous jigging. But the best quality of AE's in general is the area you can fish with them. I bet if you're 20 feet of water, You can fish a 10 or 12 foot diameter circle on the bottom. It works well when fishing steep drops or breaks. You can fish the top and bottom by sitting on the top and letting the AE glide down the bank. And then jig your way back up tot he top. These AE's have many uses and fit in many fishing situations.