• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida Lake Fishing Reports

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just talked to Tom at Marion Manor, 6-8 people at Edgewater catching some perch and a few walleye in about 10 feet of water. Stay away from Lewis Point, someone just went thru. Not safe ice yet.
Didn't anyone tell the person that it was open water about 5 days ago confused.

South Shore launch was good ice for about 100 yards and that was it 6" of good hard ice to a small horseshoe crack and maybe 2" of new ice after so yesterday morning the deepest you could get was about 5' tops from the launch.. Moved to Williams Park and found much better ice and snowmobiles riding at high speed alog the shore, ice was good all the way out to 17 plus " good solid 6" plus and quite a few guys out there. we caught mostly small fish and Tuzzy did get a couple keepers. Walking was great good traction and the trap slid niceley behind. Probably should have tried past the islands or at least checked it. We fished around the park area not catching any big fish..

Yup Bunch of snowmobilers was the first call, Well DUH!!!. The part that really gets me is the next call they got was for a father and son ice fishin duo!! Not sure how old the son was but if was just a kid, can u imagine the kind of memory he will have as he gets older? Will he ever want to fish the hard stuff again?? some people just dont use common sense..

Edgewater report - Past the shove ice around 9" of hard ice as you head west out to 28' 5" of ice. Snow was 8" to 12" and there was a main path but North Shore definitely got a work out. They didn't mark many fish and only caught a few perch and no slammers. On the way back in he noticed a few guys fishing 13' to 16' range.

Frank - Greg ran into Lek and Al when he came off the ice.

Edgewater report - Past the shove ice around 9" of hard ice as you head west out to 28' 5" of ice. Snow was 8" to 12" and there was a main path but North Shore definitely got a work out. They didn't mark many fish and only caught a few perch and no slammers. On the way back in he noticed a few guys fishing 13' to 16' range.

Frank - Greg ran into Lek and Al when he came off the ice.

North shore would be Jewell, Timmy?

First ice is usually good for Waldos...at least that was the spot last year. Could you send me a email with directions, as I forgot from last year crazy

Thanks and be safe!!

AW

I agree, so many times I've gone some place just to hear "You should have been here yesterday or all last week". Nobody ever tells anyone the bite is hot until it's over. LOL

It is real nice haveing a circle of friends, especially great friends like on here. But as far as reports go, we are all better of just going places and fishing... hopefully together as much as possible... cool

Thanks for the report on Chapmans Iceman. I hope it is truly fishable...would be nice to see how the fish will bite out there this year.

Sunday we will be heading West for a quick bite on one of the private Kettle Lakes.

Take care and be safe!

AW

Any time AW. Right after I posted that I was headin to chapmans in the am I got a call from a buddy that wants to go out. Hes only been on the ice a couple times and Im more comfortable with a newbie on familiar water, er I mean ice.. so I made a quick intinerary change and looks like were heading to a smaller madison county lake in the am. But Sunday is looking good for Oneida if anyone wants to go..

Went about a mile out off Chapmans today in 26-29' marked a lot of fish, but was unable to ice any. Seems like they didn't like any lures or bait, also tried different type of presentations with no luck. Great to be on the big "O" again. Ice was 5-7" in most places, walking was some of the best I've had so far (easy pulling). Even going off the main trails wasn't to bad, just a little rough (bumpy).