• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

red&schyeanne rivers

I just moved to west fargo about 2 weeks ago, and i am wondering if the red river and or schyanne river are any good to fish from the fargo area? i am looking for walleye , pike, bass, and maybe crappies..

if anyone knows if there is fish in the schyanne around the west fargo area and where to fish for them i would greatly appreciate it....

Thank you

Check the red river forum on this HSOforum. If you are new I might be able to show u the few places I know.

If there is anyone around valley city they dont talk much about the fishing.... kinda burns me a bit i was born there smile.gif

If you like I will get you up to speed as fast as i can I have been here since 91 an can at least give u a idea. But u should pound the Red River. I has been under fished for to long. My e-mail is on here but I will come back and delete the thing

E mail me soon please I have friday off I could show u some places. Back when I moved here there were alot more but they all were littered on and trashed so bad the land owners shut it down. frown.gif ask and i will help man smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Deemo (edited 04-16-2003).]

Deemo,
I have heard of some people catching some walleyes and northerns south of the dam on Lake Ashtabula. But they said that they were out earlier this week and then went out yesterday and the river had went down about 2 feet so I guess they have stopped letting any water out. Which often means fising will slow down. The guy I had talked to had gotten 1 northern and a couple walleyes so it is by no means fast and furious. That is all I have heard about in the VC area.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

Good to hear something about the dam. My grand parents lived 2 miles away from it. I must have fished there a 100 times when I was a kid smile.gif Jeremy my e-mail is actin up right now hopefully it works in the morning.

well i guess it works, i got mail from you this morning..

only a couple hours left till fishin time.

i gave you my number on an email, gimmie a call and let me know what we are gonna do, and what to bring..

talk to ya in a few

jeremy

Me and my buddies just started fishing the Sheyenne a couple of years ago. We live around the Kindred-Leonard-Sheldon area and fish the river around there everyonce in awhile. We still have not found the perfect spot but we will keep looking!

I try and fish the Sheyenne a quite few times a year southwest of Aneta. I am still searching for good spot also. I have not been very successful in recent years. When I was a kid in the 80's I would catch a few pike but lately I haven't found them, but there is a lot of water to cover. If anyone knows where the fish are let me know.

Perchpapa