• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar Night Light

say_der

Question

I use a small dark portable and I'd like more light in it. The Vexilar Night Light looks like it might help, but I don't know where to buy one other than their web site. I'd kind of like to see one before I buy it to know if it's worth it. Does any one here use one? How bright it is and how much does it affect the battery.

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

say_der - The tap lights are nice if you want to alluminate inside your tub area. I have used the Vexilar light and the HT Sonar light and my preference is the HT it's cheap about $15 has a telescopic rod that goes from 10" to 18" and the head can be rotated 360 degrees and directionally any way you want it. It uses very little juice off the battery comes with nice clips. It has a dome light for a bulb like you would have in a car. I used mine for over 3 seasons and have yet to replace the bulb. It lights my fishing area and I can tie jigs with it without moving the ubit from the hole. However the wire that runs through the telescopic tube to the head as you extend it it has a tough time sliding through the bottom of the telescopic rod base but I fixed mine by running a light coat of clear silicone grease on the wiring and dabbing a little grease inside the base end of the telescopic pole, a cuetip is fine for this application. It will work well for you I have em on both of my sonars. Nice to have if you fish at night. It's the cheapest most effective light for a sonar that I have seen. National Sports has em or you can go through HT Enterprises. Good luck

I bought my Vex flex light at Cabela's, but any place that sells Vexilar should have them. They're about $15, if I recall, but that was 4 years ago.

They don't drain a good batter much, and they're especially useful if you can charge your battery at the end of they day. On a two-day trip, I'd not use one unless you can charge the battery in between outings.

I like mine, but I'm about to take it off and store it/sell it, because I got one of the cool headlamps that have been all the rage on this forum. Since they're attached to your head, they are way more mobile and versatile than the fixed Vex light. Cost you about $10 more than the Vex light, and will help you in a lot of ways a Vex light can't.