• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pipestem

I wouldn't waste your time, I've fished there a couple of times this year with little to no success. Most other people have stated the same. Baby perch 4-5 inches long are abundant if that is your quarry, otherwise pretty slow. Ice conditions are very dangerous out there too this year, 5 vehicles have went threw the ice so far this year so caution is a good idea. I fished at upper red lake last weekend and did phenomenal. My party was a couple of guys from school who had fished there before so they had a good idea where to go. Caught a limit all 3 days, fri sat and sun, with the biggest I caught being 15", WOW what a pig. My buddy caught a 16" that I thought was 3 pounds, but he said it was only 2 1/4 or 2 1/2. Anyway people where friendly and the northerns weren't.haha

[This message has been edited by Brad Anderson (edited 01-29-2003).]

Brad, I hope you are aware that the possession limit on Crappies in Minn. is the same as the daily limit. That means you have to have eaten or given away the previous day's limit before you fished the next day. The only species that doesn't hold for is Perch. A lot of people make an honest mistake on that one but it can cost you if a warden checks you on your way out of the state. Not ragging on you, but best be careful. Those Red Lake Crappies are amazing though, aren't they?

Hey smackinslabs: I wouldn't pay too much attention to what Brad has to say about Pipestem. I don't know what Pipestem he is fishing, but we have been having good luck with nice size crappies. Been picking up some eyes and nice northerns on tipups. Ice conditions are good with 16 to 18 inches.Have talked to some folks that have been skunked, but thats fishing.Most people I know that have been fishing it regular have been doing well. Goodluck.

I know what the possesion limit is, just cuz I said I limited out doesn't mean that I keep all of them. I don't what to sound mean but just cuz somebody says they limited out doesn't mean they kept all the fish they caught. And to tightlines the guy asked for a report so I provided him with one, don't cut people down just cuz they don't catch as many fish as you do, OK. I'm not a professional LIKE YOU ARE so why don't you keep the mud slinging to a minimum.THANKS

I've had my good days and I've had my bad days on the lake.
one weekend we nearly limit out on the slabs and get a few nice eyes, the next weekend we catch 10 or so slabs, but I've never been skunked on the lake tho

I bought a non-resident liscens and i lost it not to long ago. were do you have to go to get a duplicate liscense?

Hey Brad: Sorry you are so sensitive about not catching fish at the Pipe. There was no mudslinging going on as you quoted. I also simply made an observation and fish report that was contrary to your experience at the Pipestem. What right do you have to tell someone not to waste there time fishing a lake "simply because you didn't catch fish". Like I said earlier,I and lots of other folks are doing just fine at the Pipe.And NO we are not all professional fisherman. BTW, just got back from Pipestem tonight and picked up 11 nice crappies in 3 hours. To me and a lot of other folks out there, THAT is a good evening on the ice!