• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jamestown Reservoir

I've fished Jamestown Res. in the past and it is a real good early morning and nite bite. Best place I've had luck is East of the Smokie's landing(you'll see all the houses across from the landing). the nite bite around a full moon is the best. set up in about 8-12 feet of water and the Crappies will come in suspended before the walleye's, it can be hard to get your line down to the bottom cause the crappies hit it hard. The Eye's are a little on the small size, but my buddy caught a 6.5 lbs last year. hope that helps!

Fished Jamestown Sat. eve. Talk about tight lipped S.O.B.'s. Fish just staring at your bait, move it slightly, and watch the fastest retreat you can imagine on the Vex. We caught 14 eyes between three of us, but if we would have been able to catch even half of the nice big fish we marked on our electronics, we would have caught 30 eyes and 30 crappies. Definetly going back around the full moon phase to see if that helps.

Me and a couple buddies fished the Res. all day Sat. 7am til 9pm. We came home with 5 eyes and 1 crappie, marked a ton of fish but not many takers. Marking fish on my Zercom all day, jigging off the bottom got lots of looks and a few takers, but overall it was real slow. caught 10-15 eye's total.

What is the deal with the fish in this reservoir? Fished from 3:00 to 8:00 on Monday night and caught NONE. ZERO. ZIP. Tons of nice fish on the Zercom and they WOULD NOT bite. I've never seen fish so spooky and negative. Anyone else having these same problems????

Try some Devils Lake tactics...Slow your jigging down, stopping it all together when you mark fish...don't jig at all, rather quiver the bait...bite off the minnows tail to slow them... try hooking the bait differntly to give a differnt struggle...use a minnow head on a dropper line below a jigging spoon...

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND