• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BE SAFE !

Backwater Eddy,
I am wondering what you consider ice safe enough to fish on. I am looking for some good guidlines and judgment. Every year I hear different thicknesses from alot of people. What are your guidlines?

Perchpapa

The state recommended guidelines are a good point of reference. You can find them on the DNR & NDG&F web sites.

As for me, I have been wet, and cold, and dam lucky in the past, so I lean to the side of caution these days.

I like 4-6" of good clear ice on any water over my head, especially if with another angler or two.

River ice, well nothing is ever safe, be 10 times as cautious and look for 6-8" before venturing out at all. I do not think there is any river ice safe in the region at this time.

Fish safe and have fun.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

The third brother and youngest passed away yesterday. It is really a heartbreaking story. Read the Star Tribune article in this AM's edition.

I stay off until there is a legit 6 inches under my feet. It sems like ice depths can vary a great deal so I play it safe.

I live to fish...I don't die to fish. Think about it!!!

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND