• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devil's slow fishing conditions...

For visiting fishermen planning trips to Devil's Lake update:

Just got back from a long trip to Devil's lake. About 3 weeks stay. Just to say out of town fisherman lured to Devil Lake's big fishing attractions this year has been met mostly with slow fishing conditions due to weather. Although the bite has been warm and cold mostly.

About the same time last year the fish bite was really good. Success has only been in the hands of residing nearby resident locals.

The bite for the following fish so far as I have experienced it over the 3 weeks:

Walleyes are fair with my catch being about 26 fish, Northern's are active and plenty as usual as I must've caught over 40 fish, and White Bass are spotty and picky but I still manage to catch about 56. Let just say last year my numbers were double if not at least tripled.

I really say and maybe it's just my opinion and experience over the last few years,
but if you really want to fish Devil's lake, I would wait until late June or early July this year. I believe by then that the fish bite will be back to normal.

Don't let my experience stop you from fishing at Devil's Lake.. there is still tons of fish to catch, just plan well ahead of time and make sure your days have sunlight and warmth as that affects fishing alot and can be the deciding factor between catching alot or nothing at all.

Anyhow... I still think Devil's Lake is still one of the best places to fish in the midwest, so have fun and good luck.