• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kevin Neve??????

Can you or anyone out there give me some information on white bass on the lake? When are they most active and where on the lake. The lake has so many bays, do they all have the same lake structures or do one part of the lake have more white bass? Thanks, any info will help me greatly! Thanks, Kevin, you're the BEST!

Kevin, thanks for the tip. It worked!! Lone Wolf you may well have a good trip. As the water finally warms from now through June the white bass are likely to school up. ou can sometimes sight fish them from the waterbound highways as they boil up in the shallows particularly near culverts or turnouts which tend to corral bait fish. When the water is churned with mud from the excavations looks right along where the water changes color. At such times the white bassmay hit on nearly every cast with whatever they can get their mouths on. A small jig with a white twister tail will often suffice and give quite the sport. The big boy white bass are often caught on small shad raps trolled along the shoreline by the boat fishermen while hopng for walleyes as Jordan Neve can well attest. Steve Chase www.thespiritwaterinn.com

------------------
theChaser

White bass have been harder to come by the past couple of years. Road construction and lack of runoff have hampered fishing for them. The lack of runoff has been the biggest reason for the drop in angler success. They just didn't make a big run last year and I would say they may not this year.

They were not at the "spots" they were in 2000 in 2001. I caught maybe 5 white bass last year versus a hundred in 2001. I do not target them myself but will fish them if they are schooled heavily. I didn't catch many at all even by accident will trolling with plugs last year.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

I caught my first white bass last year. We were fishing in my buddies boat by one of the bridges. We were catching quite a few nice walleyes when a school of white bass came in.
Holy Cow! They will match any smallie I have caught in terms of putting up a fight. We caught several that day over 3 lbs.
Tully

When one gets on a school of white bass you'd better have a strong arm. They'll take the paint off a crank in no time. Bring extra hooks to replace bent ones.

Rattle baits can be especially fun to throw at them. We cleaned out a tackle box of old rusty cranks that I normally don't use on a school of white bass two springs ago with a couple of nice pike mixed in. It is really fun to catch 3 pound (16-19"ers) white bass cast after cast when you can get on them. When you find em...stay on em and hammer em.

PS Somebody turn on the heat here. Brrrrrrr Record lows again tonight and Friday nite predicted.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND