• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter 2010 Icefishing Reports and Ramblings

Kappy- Its a sonic ice hopper here's a couple links check 'em out

http://www.blogsmonroe.com/fishing/2009/01/the-sonic-ice-hopper/

also sportsmensdirect. com

Thanks for the link.. Neat little unit but the way it sticks out like that I would break knobs of and what not when I stuffed it in the trap.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys this wind is still whipping pretty good, trash cans and recycle bins everywhere, be careful getting to and fro. Talked to, Todd, Joe, Steve, Z, Dave Cardamone's wife and if I forgot someone I'm sorry. Charging the cell phone up and I will meet Todd at the Canastota thruway exit at 3 p.m. See ya there...

IFPA tournement series sounds good! Only difference really is you are allowed 2 lines and also live bait...1 line can be a tip up...(Timmy your in like flyn), also your allowed 3 species weighing in any combo for your 12 fish...think i may fish both NY & VT!

Guys this wind is still whipping pretty good, trash cans and recycle bins everywhere, be careful getting to and fro. Talked to, Todd, Joe, Steve, Z, Dave Cardamone's wife and if I forgot someone I'm sorry. Charging the cell phone up and I will meet Todd at the Canastota thruway exit at 3 p.m. See ya there...
Timmy,I am glad you remembered all of that wink you better beat that thing down before you get there we don't need you walking around with a T E N T whistle.

A friend or 2 are fishing Schlong today. 4-5" of ice...fish reports later when I get the the first hand report.

I went to Stoney Pond and fished on 4-5" of ice in 9fow. Didn't even mark a fish. We couldn't or didn't want to try in the basin. That ice was 3" pure black ice. Bradley is completely frozen over with about 3/4" of pure black ice. This weather is going to kill it unless it get's cold. Weekly forcast might make it fishable by the weekend. E-banks looks like [PoorWordUsage]e. Hatch is wide open.

Will post conditions as I go!!!

Went out with Doug and Sammy today to a few different spots to check ice conditions, were able to get out on Stony Pond. As Doug said nothing caught or seen on flashers, but it was great to be on the ice at last. I'll never get use to moving ice, popping ice or water coming up through the hole. Was very nervous at first, but once I relaxed it was GREAT! Doug and Sammy thanx again for taking me along.

AW - You better have you gaurd up next time you see Beth! She wants to hurt you bad. I cant stop singing that x-mas song you re-wrote and sang over and over till Kyle and I had it permantly imbeded in our brains! I have added verses and also mixed your lyrics to other christmas songs. She is sick of me and I just got home... eek

Oh, Give me some )((*%$%$#2 Pudding Oh, Give me some ^#&*($!^$(* Pudding...something like that. If you want the "meat and potatos" to the song...I may be able to send it to Howard Stern and it will air in Serious Radio grin

Safe ice is almost here...I will be on the ice tomorrow around noon. I will post my lame arse reports by supper time.

Timmy, Sammy will be calling you tomorrow for the "5". Hes is psyched. He can't stand the fact that our crew only uses one. He has used mine here and there, but he will fully understand in a week or so whistle

Be careful on the hard water tomorrow Doug if your going alone.

I will be in and out this morning Sammy, try back after 12:15 p.m... Todd wants to do the runners on my sled he's had the same idea as Jay about some double sided tape that 3M sells.

Guys I 'll be off Mon. and Tuesday so you know... wink

Todd I'll call you in a few minutes I have to stop at the house and hardware store and then I'll be up to drop off my trap and while I'm there will get your trap out of the shed as well.

Jay how did the runners come out?

After a learning curve they look good. First submerge in hot water than use your heater to form front. Next counter sink holes slowly. I cut off the head of the flat heads I was using to see How deep I had to go. DO NOT drill hole threw runners before hand as this will cause counter sink to catch and pull threw. After you think you have counter sink correct than drill thru material. If counter is not deep enough finish up with a large drill held in your hand and cut slowly untill head is buried. I would suggest doing the front first Because this could be fixed witha larger pan head if there is a screw up. Feel free to call for further info.

Yep, what Tank said...

As opposed to "bull in a china shop" Timmy...

I'm still laughing as I type this.. laughlaughlaugh

Mohawk Valley Joe - Reports from "C" ice on north end 100 yards out, shoreline area froze slightly by Bakers, water is cooling rapidly as steam from water is rising upward. Joe was driving to camp as we spoke.

Weaver and Youngs locked up. Joe said a guy walked out about 20 yards on Youngs.

Yep, what Tank said...

But dont worry, Timmy dropped his off at Todds. Last I heard Thunder had the micrometer out and it should be spot on. As opposed to "bull in a china shop" Timmy...

Thats a good one DC I have a little machinast in me a mill would be handy for this type stuff custom hyfax whistle