• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter 2010 Icefishing Reports and Ramblings

I hear ya Thunder...my stuff is heading downstairs this week. I didn't have much of a second half this year due to the new job. But, I can say I caught more Waldos this year than I have combined in the past 10 years. That was my mission and I accomplished it. I figure at least 15 trips with limits and a bunch of those were 10 plus fish days...said and done around 100 Eyes.

Thunder...remember our date for April 26, 27 or 28 is on wink

The annual "Calico Bash" on a Lake we can't give the name whistle

Peace out...it's been a good safe season.

AW

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I texted Fishingking and told him last night I was done on the ice. Next chance I get I'll get the gear out and put it away till next ice season.. cry I will tell ya I was completely satisfied hauling the last two gills of the season for me those 9.5 and 9 7/8" were the most beautiful gills I have caught back to back in a long time. I was staring at a fascinating painting in my hand. cool Similarily colored two like the plates that Jay and Dad catch in the pond ;)and if you could have these two brutes in a double display mount I thought for just a split second prior to the release of the sisters I did think this. grin So, that was enough right there to say I finished up decent at the end of a lackluster season for me over all but a safe season it was and thats the most important and of course I will miss Fishingking Weekly Reports ;)as he puts together his weekly reports for our viewing enjoyment. cool Tim and Veronica be safe the rest of the way.. Anyhow the one thing that I regret is not getting a chance to fish with everbody.. frown Enjoy your open water fellas.. grin

cando.jpg

cando1l.jpg

cando2.jpg

ebanks.jpg

Been long rodding the walleyes will post a couple pics in the 2010 open water forum cool

Timmie . . 3 and back to bed last night . . . just had to try it. Black and silver Frenzy just bumping the rocks. Doug we have to do something on Caz this year, we'll get'er done a little exploring and mapping to prep for the ice. Tank, local golf courses opening today . . .might say something about an early Spring. Is that a gobble I hear or is that Lee . . .

Z and craig went in of bibic thursday at 2pm. They were prepared as they were wearing waders in 4 ft of water. They were not the ones that the rescue people were called for. A guy north of island called 911 on his cell as he was standing in 4 ft of water. Also Z said guys were going out of bibic as they were leaving who would not heed the warning.They must of been the ones that the news was made from. Z said ice was deteriating fast at 2pm.

Tank - I was there along with MV Joe and Jimmy and some others. I believe three people went in. Funny thing is it looked like they were on the sand bar, etc. thats out in front of the last camp on Bibic - not a good place to be walking on this time of the year. From what we could tell they appeared to be in no great danger and were able to extricate themselves without much assistance. Why 911 was called who knows - we thought it was someone other than any of the three that went in that made the call. Anyways the 911 call created quite a ruckus on Bibic. The Schuyler Lake FD, Richfield Springs FD and State Police were all on the scene. Later a hovercraft was patrolling the lake but no one was told they had to leave as far as we know. Quite an ending to an interesting season.

Wish we could get out a couple of more times but no sense in getting stupid.

PMan - I dont think the call was made from the Bibik area but north of the island...

For the life of me I cant figure why anyone was out there past tuesday? If you havent caught enough fish by then, then you need to buy a bigger truck and take some male enhancement pills!

It's just a perch guys.

Sure accidents happen and you need to be prepaired but why look for trouble.

It was 20 years ago but I'll never forget the feeling of knowing the ice was rotten and it was over our heads! Or the feeling of lots of good ice in the am turning to mush that fealt like walking on a sponge and you sank as it made a wave out in front of you. Funny I dont remember being cold though...

I knew if anyone could find ice, it would be you. Stay safe.

I made it 90 days straight through last Thursday Could have gotten out on Friday but decided to play it safe Did make it out Saturday and might try to make it out this coming Friday or Saturday. Last ice reports will come soon when I get my crashed computer back (fried the hard drive) and get the last ice trip in. smile

Got the computer back only lost a few pictures since my last backup on Jan 26th 2010 luckily most after that date were uploaded onto Photobucket and my wife has all of her pics on her computer. SO unfortunately I wont have any pictures from the last ice update until last Thursday frown But will update the trips anyways after we try to make the leap of faith Saturday onto some hard ice.

Called it quits yesterday frown was also able to recover most of my pictures from emails, cell phone etc

3/14/10 5pm-7:30pm went for perch ended up with 8 keepers around 10 dinks and 3 picks

3/15/10 7am-11:30am Perch Very slow only got 3 keepers 9", 10" and 12", around 40 dinks and 2 picks. 14 other keepers among the other 4 guys

3/16/10 7:30am-3pm 20 keepers to 14" around 30 dinks and a 14" bullhead. Buddy had same results along with this smallie.

DSC07336.jpg

Livewell shot

0316001325.jpg

DSC07350.jpg

3/17/10 7:30am-2:30pm 29 Keepers 10-14" and about 40 dinks and a 16" smallie. Buddies has similar results along with a few picks.

Livewell shot

DSC07352.jpg

Pick

DSC07341.jpg

Cant keep up

DSC07339.jpg

3/18/10 7:30am-1:30pm Perch Slow 7 keepers 10-14" 10-12 picks about 20 dink perch.

3/20/10 11am-6pm Perch had the gang out up north 7 guys and only managed 8 keeper perch to 12" 3 dinks 1 pick and 3 smallies.

3/28/10 10am-6pm Perch up north last hooray 6 guys only managed 4 perch 10-12" 1 rockie and around 15 Smallies 1-2lbs. This lake was good for our one trip in January (and every other year) but something changed as we didn't do good there these past 2 trips frown

Typical smallie of the day.

DSC07355.jpg

SEE YOU GUYS ON THE ICE THIS DECEMBER......