• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Was thinking about a trip

I am thinking of planning a trip to Devils Lake this summer. I have never fished it before. Are there any times that are better than others? Where are some good cheap places to stay? Any help would be appreciated.

Jim and Diane Yri are opening a new resort near Minnewaukan called West Bay Resort. They will have individual cabins located on the north shore of the Minnewaukan Flat in the woods. The cabins will be spaced so that you will have some privacy which is very rare at most resorts. They plan to be up and running June 1. The resort will have a private launch, the cabins will have showers, kitchenettes, satellite TV and much more. Their phone number is 701-473-5632. Tell them you got the number from me.

The best time to fish is when you can fish. A walleye limit is only 5. Our intent is that you catch more than a limit, that you wear your arms out. By practicing catch and release you catch more fish than the limit allows. Your skill and my ability to put you on fish should be the only limits. wink.gif

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

I really like early June. Myself and a bud from GFKS been hitting it in early June for the last 4 years and the bite can be amazing. We pretty much just cast cranks to flooded wood and get fish after fish....nice wally's and a pike or 12, a few white bass thrown in the mix also. Some of the funnest and easiest fishing I've ever expierienced anywhere in my life....tired forearms are about guaranteed after a couple days on this pond, almost can't wait till June!!!

Fisky

Walleye Pimp I think the best time to plan a trip to Devils Lake is in the July to mid August timeframe. That is when I had my best luck last year. Made three trips during that time and came home with my limit all three times.

woods