• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing Devils Lake

Anyone have info on a place to stay? When would be the best time to come up this winter? Are there rental sleeper houses on the lake? Any and all info would be great, as a buddie and myself are thinking of making a trip this winter.
Thanks

It will be a while until we get ice here. Water temp was around 40 last weekend. Daytime highs in the 60's this week won't help. The question is "Do we really want ice?" Of course we do not just today, winters up here are long enough.

Just got back from fishing, water temp 38-40 degrees. Caught about 20 eyes. Biggest 22 inches, half were sub 14". Jigs, rigs and minnows 18-23 feet on secondary flat on island topping out at 12 feet in 40 foot water.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I believe Kevin can also help hook you up with lodging to suit your preferences...from budget to fancy. I'm not sure, but I also think he handles those who would like to take the Amtrak out to Devils Lake.

I've been out with Kevin & Leonard Ice Fishing. We had a blast.

fishtrap I have places on the lake Mike Jelle Sportsman Paradise Adventures [email protected]. I would come when you feel it is best for you, expect to work for the fish. The traditional best times are Mid February till ice out and early ice which is rite now. One of my guides was out yesterday and did very well. Fished slow plain chartrues hook with a small minnow seemed the best. Sleeper houses aren't poular here because the night bite is not done much. Plus we move alot to stay on the fish so we like canvas houses better for mobility. We have sleepers however if your heart is set on one. I like to take a shower myself after fishing a weekend.

What are the ice conditions like on Devils lake this week & weekend?

I have heard from sources that the ice is 4-6" on the flats, is this true?

Word is Devils lake and the area sloughs with perch & pike are on the chew?

Any angler reports would be appreciated.

Thanks

We're walking on 6-8" ice on the Minnewaukan Flats. Some northerns and walleyes. Best walleye bite is in the evening.

This will be the first weekend of substantial activity. Time to get going!

Cavanugh Lake is producing perch.

Very few reports.