• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter weather reports 2009/2010

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got on stand this morning and when the sun came up, the pond next to my house was frozen solid with a 1/2" of snow on top laugh

Too bad it was starting to open up this afternoon. I found out over the weekend that there are Bass and Bluegills in the larger pond behind the Old Lady's Mansion!!! Should be on that pond in a few weeks!!!

Had a slight dusting of snow here this am but it was gone by noon.

No ice on the pond when I hunted this afternoon, did see 5 doe though. 3 of them were close but there is still time to fill a doe tag...

The long range forecast does look good though. cool

Heres some winter weather from today...

010tr.jpg

Beth, Tank, and I did some decorating today...

008wa.jpg

pc053463.jpg

The woods were real nice this evening. Took a few when I got in the stand then the batt was dead. Saw 5 doe, all inside 40 yards. Still waiting for a rack...

pc053457.jpg

No ice on the pond today but she may have a skim tomorrow...

pc053459.jpg

After getting the Pathfinder Inspected today, I drove around the Madison County waters and things are looking good. E-Banks is iced all the way out to the Powerlines with that big orange ball on it. You won't believe how much they drained that place. It is going to be tough to fish it again like last year. The weeds are right upto the surface and laying accross the top of the water mad The pond side still has the channel open. I will keep everyone posted. The long term temps for around me are looking solid.We will be fishing within a week laugh

We got close to 6 inches up on the hill, down at work I had about 4. Light and fluffy at 5am. It started raining a while ago and she is heavy and wet now.

This helped the lakes with no ice but really hurt the ones with and inch or so. Hopefully it compacts down enough then fridays temps lock it up...

32* right now and steady rain mad.I took a ride up north to pulaski from just north of camden to altmar any where from 1 to 2 feet of snow temps in some spots this morning were 9* I am sure the north country will have some ice somewhere this weekend smile.

9* here right now wind chill -4* all we got was about an inch of snow here. I can say this the wind is blowing hard enough to keep the snow off the ice that has been made smile.I hope the weather man is right this time about not haveing much snow from now till Christmas confused.