• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

eskimo shelters

scottiecoach

Question

5 answers to this question

I have what they call a two man Babe W.(alot like a fish trap)I love the way it sets up, even with cold hands and the bench seat which I modified so the backrest was more vertical. But the cloth use on my tent part is absolutley horrible, I ordered it still in box and should have brought it back, but had to fish,good luck.

I saw an Eskimo at Fleet the other day( don't know which model). I liked the looks of it. Very similar to the Otter lodge, but at $319, much better priced. There was also a Winnie($349) set up, same size, but I did'nt like the door-- 2 vertical zippers. The Eskimo had a D zip door, like the Otter.

The Eskimo and Winnie seemed to have identical sleds and looked tough enough which is what I really like about the Otter. Also liked the vents on the Eskimo and Winnie. I would want to know more about the tent material of each before buying. Otter is canvas-- durable but heavy. All 3 are the way to go for a 2 man. Never have liked the Clams, even the flipovers-- seem cheaply made. Would like to see covers, like the old Fishtraps had to keep stuff in and snow out when towing.

I bought a quick flip II for 150.00 new this year. It has only been set up in the dining room and now in the garage, but I really like it so far. It is not the deluxe.
I think the materials look pretty solid, it is light weight, and very easy to set up. It is a 2 man, but I doubt you could get 2 guys of more then 150# each, their gear, and 4 holes. Two guys fishing one hold each and haveing a couple tipups out might not be so bad.
It has some nice vents, ample windows, large D shaped door, and license holder.
The sled I have is a little short, but that is about my only complaint.
For 150.00, I just bought it for when I am out alone or when I have 3 people- 2 in my Shappel, and me in the Eskimo.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!