• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crankbait Rod

Rippinlip

Question

I have been using a real lite action graphite rod, any suggestions on a glass rod that a person can purchase and not spend an arm and a leg on. Want to use it for Bass cranks, long casting, possible deep water. Would a 1-piece rod be better, (all I have now is 1-piece). Some advice would really be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

are you you crankin in your front room or bathroom??OK! the high dollar rods are nice.i have a st.croix, but seems heavy. i also have a bass pro crankin stick. lighter in the hand and feels good to throw, and so far for the money, i like the bass pro. both of mine are 6 1/2 ft,but i think my next will be 7. del

Rippin',

I have a suggestion for you- give my dad a call. He makes and sells custom made rods. He can get pretty much any blank known to man and makes them according to the specs you want. He'll have a lot of info and suggestions for you- he's been fishing for over 50 years and making rods for a long time.
His name is Rod Engel and his number is (218) 891-4415. You can also e-mail him at: [email protected]
He'll make a rod with the same components as anything you buy in a store, but he'll peronalize it for you and take the time and effort to see that it's done well- he isn't making 50,000 rods a year like the big companies are. I have yet to hear of anyone who he's made a rod for who wasn't completely happy.
Scoot