• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cool Cats Ice Fishing Gathering

Dennis: when do you plan on getting out there? I thin I might try and skip out of here a little early on Friday and see if I can find some fish. Otherwise I will be out there w/ Zach. The oldest is with his father this weekend. Do you need me to bring anything?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a low key gathering, get together. The event is a chance to meet fellow fmers, make some new friends and hopefully ice a few cats. I believe Dennis plans on haveing a drawing around lunch time. If I'm right people will be drawing for things donated by the excellent sponsors on FM.

Show up your sure to have a good time!!!

Dan- Like Icehawk stated, it is a get together to meet fellow FMer's and talk fish stories grin.gif

The event starts at 8:00am and around noon, Dennis is going to be doing a drawing for prizes from our sponsors! In order to get your name/number in the drawing- you do have to find Dennis and introduce yourself to him!

Weather forecast is good and should be a fun morning!

I plan on getting up around 7:00 am to get a little fishing in. I won't be seting anything up untill around 11:00 and then its just a few tables and the fryers. With luck we should have some fresh cats to fry up!

Thanks for the offer of help CHemist. It will be good to see you again.

This is going to be a fun get together. Thats what its designed to be. Catch some fish, share some tall stories, share a few tips, and have a good time.

Just a day on the lake with a LOT of your buddies! grin.gif

I'm doing my best to make it, but it's not looking good at this point.. frown.gifIF I am able to make it, is there anyone who can show this major league cat novice the ropes? Locations, presentations.... Bait? What should I bring?

Also, at the access indicated on your map, is there any off ice parking for my truck and sled trailer? And will the site be easy to find once on the ice? Any hazards to be aware of?

I'll be more than happy to give anyone some pointers on catching cats through the ice. Heck thats one of the things this event is designed for, sharing some tips and helping folks catch a cat.

I can bet the farm that I won't be the only who is willing to share some tips on catching cats. There will be quite a few guys who are pretty darn good ice catters. Guys that I have learned a lot from.

IceHawk, sho probably knows the 'Shoe better than anyone will be there. I am sure some of his buddies will be along as well. I can tell you these guys have taught me a thing or two. Matt Johnson isn't affraid of sharing a tip or two either.

I won't put anyone else on the spot, grin.gif But I am sure there will be lots of guys willing to share a tip or two.

Also if I am on a good bite, don't have to worry about that 10 feet rule. Slide on over and get in on the bite. Heck if it weren't for tangles, everyone could fish out of my hole. grin.gif

Yeah, nothing worse than tangles in your hole grin.gif Sounds like there's gonna be a pretty good crowd out there if everyone shows that said they will. I'm for sure on the bandwagon. I'll still bring my auger to run the gas out of it for storage, so if anyone needs a hole or two, it's still got close to a quarter tank left. See you all there!

Hi Dennis, I am pretty new to this site and to ice fishing, so hope you dont mind helping out another newbie, sounds like there might be alot of us. Looking forward to sat. Just want to say thanks to all the FM'rs out here for all the help I have recieved since coming here. Thanks Good luck,have fun. Lynn

Thanks for the kind words Lynno62.

I think you will find many people willing to help out and teach. I can't wait, this ones going to be fun.

Hope the kitties are cooperative this weekend.

After reading all of the good things about this event, i think i might just have to show up. It will be my first. I am augerless due to father going fishing with co-workers for the weekend, but, it sounds like that will not be a problem as long as i bring a bag or two of chips for the pot luck. Seeya there.

-Dan

The event could last as long as people wanted it to. I believe Dennis is going to be there early, say around 7:00am. I don't know if I'll roll in that early- we'll see.

The prize give away and fish fry will be around noon I believe.

Come out for as long as you can, if that is for a few hours, until noon or all day. I'm planning on fishing until noon, then buggin' out.

Mike,

You won't have a hard time finding us. The houses are off the lake and we should have a decent sized group out there. If you take the winter access and follow that out and around you will come to the spot. DON'T go through any narrows, stay somewhat on the beaten path.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I'll be coming up. Should be there around 8:00. I assume by the reports that the ice will be safe enough to drive my Explorer out if I stay on the trail. It'll be nice to see some old faces, and meet some new ones! I think I'll crowd in on Matt or Dennis. grin.gif

Was anyone out there today to scout the location? The cookies are done and I'm all set to ice my first cat smile.gif I didn't get any minnows, though, so I was wondering if powerbait corn or crappie nibbles will work? I also have a couple waxies if we can find some sunnies or crappies. Supposed to be near 45 degrees tomorrow, should be a great time! See you all in the morning. grin.gif

Wow what a gathering! You guys are getting huge! I was expecting a couple dozon or so! Good job fryin up them cats Dennis! the chili and bbq beans were great too! I couldn't figure out all those tip-ups with the weeds confused.gif haha

well the rock bass kept us busy after you all left, finally me and pete left , BP went in shallower and got into some nice kittys.

What a great outing! Nice to meet you regulars, and some new faces too.Will be back hopefully next year!

Nice to see you again Cyberfish! Always a pleasure talking with you.

Cool Cats was a blast! It was awesome to see such a huge turnout! The food was great, fishing was decent and the company was tough to beat! Several people got their first catfish through the ice yesterday and some people even caught their first catfish whether it's open water or under the ice, very cool!!

I had a lot of fun talking with some of you and getting a chance to put a few more faces with some of the names I see here on FM all the time. It was also nice to see some of the familar faces and catch up on fish stories smile.gif

Highlight of the day for me was watching Corey's daughter catch a 5 pound catfish!! I got it on video and here's a link if anyone wants to check it out...

http://www.mattjohnsonoutdoors.com/HorseshoeChain.html

Way to go Brooke! Awesome catch!

A lot of fun had by all and I'm definitely already looking forward to next year! grin.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

A big thank you to everyone on hosting this event. The food was excellant, the fishing was ok, and putting some names to faces sure helped out. I should have stayed a little longer , but other plans were made for the evening. It was great to see the little guys win the big prizes!

Dennis- looking forward to fishing and running the River Pro's to that new hot spot you told me about. wink.gif Just like the first gathering, this was a grand old time.